hey guys what's up? I'm in a bit of a pickle. I updated my friend's 8330 to 4.5.0.138 like two weeks ago and everything was perfect. I came to his house today and he complained that his phone would lag when the screen was off and you press a button to wake it up and I was reading that this version causes backlight lag so I figured "well I'll downgrade it to 4.5.0.131, which has the same problem, but now the phone gets stuck and after a while it comes back to life and then it gets stuck again. Does anyone why it could be doing this? I have even tried to back it up on DM4.6 and it gives me an error half way. Please help me anyone. I can't leave his phone like this.
    06-03-09 11:05 PM
    Might be the theme you has used. might not be compatible with the new OS. Did you make a backup?
    06-04-09 06:51 AM
    I dont have any theme installed on it. It's using the default theme from sprint.
    06-06-09 03:44 PM
    If the BB has a media card in it, try taking it out. If the BB is symptom free, there might be a corrupted file/filesystem on the card.

Transfer the files off the card onto your PC. Format the card in the BB, then transfer the files back to the card in small increments and run it for a while to se if any problems come up. If not, repeat till the card is restored.

Sometimes the card gets corrupted, especially during OS loading operations like you just did.
    06-06-09 03:52 PM
    for the backup problem: check and clear your browser cache and then try to back it up.
    06-06-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD