my 8330 curve with vzw keeps freezing up almost every time I get on the internet. It happens constantly. I am getting so frustrated. It just has the little clock indicating that it is working. I eventually have to take battery out to reset. I don't want to get rid of my blackberry. I don't really want to get a droid but that is my last resort. Can someone please help me with my problem
    08-04-10 01:01 AM
    Most common reason for freezing and rebooting is low memory or a corrupted memory card.

The 8330 has ample memory, so that probably isn't your problem, unless you are running the Boost Mobile 5.0 OS.

Take your memory card out by pulling your battery out with the power still on. Insert the battery but leave the memory card out.

If your BB doesn't freeze up without the card, then you will need to move your files off your card and then format the card in the phone. Then reinstall the files on the card.
    08-04-10 02:31 AM
    I am running Boost OS and like xliderider said it is pretty overweight. But after following the procedure below I am currently at 32mg at fresh boot.
    You should also hold down your menu (bb) key and see how many apps you have running. There are 4 or 5 that are constantly running. Messages, browser, home, phone and bbm are always running in the background and cannot be fully completely closed. The rest should be closed using Menu/close and not using the back or escape key.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-04-10 at 08:59 AM.
    08-04-10 08:52 AM
    There may be several reasons that your phone is freezing up. Here are some hints on increasing free memory:
    How to Maximize Your BB 8330 Memory
    Since it is browser related, make sure you empty your cache each time you exit the browser.
    Last edited by jbarbero; 08-04-10 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add title
    08-04-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD