So last night, just out of the blue (not dropped, spilled on, stepped on et.al) mu 8330's screen goes black. uh-oh, but not really a big problem (it's happened once or twice before; just taking the battery out for a minute or two brings it back fine), at least at first. So the phone boots back up, only now the only thing that works is the ball for scrolling around the icons on the top row; can't click on anything, can't drop-down the icons, nothing. After a minute or two, the screen goes black again.

Am I right to assume the phone is done, or is there a way to re-boot the phone to factory settings?
    02-21-09 09:03 AM
    WEll since you cannot select anything this makes resetting the device impossible. I would try to back up the deivce, but restoring later might broing back the problem. At min, I would sync it to outlook.

If you can get to options>security options> general options>menu wipe hand held ang get it selected, this will reset the device. If not the only other option is to reinstall the OS, this will wipe the device as well.
    02-21-09 09:13 AM
    So I read the 'how to fix a nuked blackberry' link, and since I have a MAC, it's safe to assume I'm proper? And by the by, thanks for the quick and helpful responses. I've always loved this site for the reviews, but never considered joining the forums; can't see why it took this long, but the 'better late than never' adage seems appropriate.
    02-21-09 10:47 AM
    You'll need a Windows emulator on your Mac to run Desktop Manager. It doesn't run on a Mac otherwise.
    02-21-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD