I just got my new Curve yesterday...LOVE IT!
    However, I'm not that tech savvy and I can't figure out how to view my personal email account. I have an account with hotmail. I had a Venus before that (Verizon) and I was able to access my email with no prob. So...what am I doin wrong?
    I will get email alerts on my text messages but I can not access them so I can view them.
    Any ideas...Oh and please, in english....lol.
    06-12-08 08:27 PM
    Well, to view your text messages you need to go into your "Messages" folder. To get there, you need to press the "Application" button (the one with all the dots) on your phone and scroll to the folder-looking icon called "Messages". Open that and your texts should be in there. Read the stickies in the How-To forum for helpful hints and tips.

As far as your e-mail address is concerned, you need to log-in to your BIS provider's website (if you have BIS) and set up the account there. However, I have heard of horror stories for setting up hotmail with a blackberry, so you may want a more experienced opinion on this one.
    06-12-08 08:30 PM
    Ok here is what you do. Go to personal email setup on your berry, its a icon. Click that and enter your username and password and it will shoot the email directly to your berry. Let me know if you need help beyond this point.
    06-12-08 08:32 PM
    I did that and got the Congrats message, but thats about as far as it goes. It will send me an alert in my text messages but I can't access the email.
    06-12-08 08:48 PM
    you have to have the full version of hotmail to get your hotmail email on your berry
    sorry
    the only way to get it to work is to pay for the upgraded hotmail or have an old hotmail account
    06-12-08 08:53 PM
    and it will show new messages on your berry, not all your messages
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 06-12-08 at 08:56 PM. Reason: my bad for double posting
    06-12-08 08:55 PM
    Ok...well that sucks considering I've been using Hotmail for years!
    06-12-08 09:00 PM
    So...any suggestions? I mean, do I have to have a new email account???
    06-12-08 09:14 PM
    Ok...well that sucks considering I've been using Hotmail for years!
    I don't pay for Hotmail and got it sent to my curve just fine. You may be grandfathered in if your hotmail account is old enough.
    06-12-08 09:46 PM
    It's about 10 years now. Should I go into verizon to see if they can help?
    06-12-08 09:52 PM
    I just did it on mine and it went fine. I logged into my sprint.blackberry.com. Added the email account like any other and it showed up on my BB just fine. I sent an email from my BB using the hotmail account and it made it. My hotmail account must be around 10 years old now too.

Can you send a message from the your hotmail account on your BB? if you got the congrats message it should've setup fine.
    06-12-08 10:00 PM
    Yeah it sucks you got to pay! Maybe just get a G-mail account. They have a lot of cool apps. And congrats on your new phone!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 10:14 PM
    If your account is that old it should work. Mine did. Swing by Verizon if you can't send a message from your hotmail account on your BB.
    06-12-08 10:21 PM
    Yeah. i'm gonna go talk to Verizon...in mean time I'm setting up a yahoo account. Thanks everyone! This is such a cool web site!
    06-12-08 10:23 PM
    Hot mail will work as soon as BIS 2.5 is updated, hopefuly this weekend...

New features in BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB15252
    Last Modified : 2008-06-06
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� Device Software 4.5
    BlackBerry� Internet Service 2.5
    Note: BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5 is available through Asia Pacific service providers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details
    This article outlines the main changes to BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5.

Attachment downloading in the native file format

BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers can save, edit, upload, and transfer attachments in their native file formats. For a list of supported native file format attachments, see KB15253. BlackBerry Internet Service 2.5 subscribers can edit native file format attachments using embedded or third-party applications. This feature requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.

HTML email message viewing

Subscribers can view HTML email messages on their BlackBerry smartphones, including the following file types:

Graphics and photos, including the following:
    Embedded images and tables
    External images
    Active hyperlinks
    Paragraph formatting, including the following:
    Numbering
    Bulleted lists
    Justification
    Indentation
    Font formatting, including the following:
    Font type
    Color
    Size
    Effects (italics, bold)
    This feature requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.5. For instructions on configuring HTML email message viewing and automatic downloading of embedded images and tables, see KB15254.

Note: For security reasons, externally linked images must be manually retrieved using the menu key.

Important: HTML content cannot be created when forwarding, replying to, or composing a new email message.

Support for Windows Live� Hotmail� integration

Integrating a Windows Live Hotmail email account results in the following:

Real-time delivery of email messages replaces the standard 15 minute polling interval
    No restrictions; all Windows Live Hotmail accounts can be integrated
    Note: Some wireless service providers do not support integration with Windows Live Hotmail. Contact your wireless service provider for information on availability.

Windows Live Hotmail email accounts integrated using BlackBerry Internet Service 2.4 or earlier must be deleted and then re-integrated to turn on the enhanced features. For instructions on removing and integrating email accounts to a BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB04258 and KB03087, respectively

Integrated Windows Live Hotmail email accounts must be revalidated every 90 days to continue receiving email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone. Revalidation is required by Windows Live Hotmail for security purposes. Prior to the end of the 90-day window, a message is sent to the BlackBerry smartphone advising you to revalidate.
    06-12-08 10:25 PM
    Good grief! How Do you guys know all this stuff!!! LOL!
    06-12-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD