Hi,
    I just got my first BB yesterday, so bear with me...

I have two e-mail addresses, both IMAP. My university account is working fine, but my gmail account has a permanent new e-mail icon, even though I have emptied it of messages. Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?

Also, I have a Mac running 10.5.4 and I cannot get PocketMac to recognize my blackberry! I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software and the new drivers per the pocketmac support site, but it would not recognize my curve. I eventually resorted to the missing sync trial to get my contacts and calendar on my BB, but I would hate to pay another $40 just get basic functionality out of my device!

Any help is much appreciated!
    Andrew
    07-13-08 01:39 PM
    Cannot help with the MAC problem, but the email icon does it look like globe with a yellow sqaure box and a round brown circle?

If it is, then thats is suppose to be there. For each new email account you add, you get another ICON. These can be hidden though. If it is the small envlope at the top, try a battery reset that should clear it out.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-13-08 at 01:45 PM.
    07-13-08 01:42 PM
    Cannot help with the MAC problem, but the email icon does it look like globe with a yellow sqaure box and a round brown circle?

If it is, then thats is suppose to be there. For each new email account you add, you get another ICON. These can be hidden though. If it is the small envlope at the top, try a battery reset that should clear it out.
    Nope. It has all that, but also the red star over it as well. My other e-mail account looks normal like you describe.
    07-13-08 04:43 PM
    SO , after the you entered the the acct with red * read and cleared all the email the ed * never went away?
    If so try the battery reset or scroll up or doewn you have missed a msg.
    07-13-08 04:54 PM
    The account is literally EMPTY. I am perplexed! What is a battery reset? Forgive my ignorance, I'm totally new to this.
    Thanks!
    07-13-08 04:59 PM
    pull the battery from the phone. DO NOT turn the phone off first and leave it out for about 30 seconds. After the reboot I hope the icon will reset. This is great fix for a lot quirks in advanced devices such as a bb. Not uncommon to have to this every now again.
    07-13-08 05:03 PM
    Ah, I see. I actually tried a soft reset with alt+shift+del and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the advice!
    07-13-08 05:07 PM
    Awsome, but keep in mind that a battery reset is a bit more aggressive, as it actually powers the device completely, there by clearing memory better and resetting the OS.
    07-13-08 05:46 PM
    I can clear my email icon by doing the battery pull but it always comes back - and stays - the first time I get new mail.
    07-16-08 12:23 PM
    Also, I have a Mac running 10.5.4 and I cannot get PocketMac to recognize my blackberry! I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software and the new drivers per the pocketmac support site, but it would not recognize my curve. I eventually resorted to the missing sync trial to get my contacts and calendar on my BB, but I would hate to pay another $40 just get basic functionality out of my device!
    Did you have a previous BlackBerry that you used with pocketmac? If so, you need to download the new drivers from BlackBerry's website for the 8330. I had the same issue and that solved it. Good luck!
    07-16-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD