What does pending PIN update confirmation mean? This only happened after I did the 4.5 OS upgrade. Lastly, how do I go about keeping my BBM from saying that every time I do a batter pull?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 03:29 PM
    If you had BBM buddies before the upgrade its trying to re establish them for you because upgrading OS pretty much wipes your phone. If you go to options > security > general > content protection: disable. That worked after I upgrade.
    12-27-08 03:35 PM
    I was having the same issue. There should be a way around this since I do like having content protect enabled. Switching it off fixes it but doesn't cure it

12-27-08 04:10 PM
    A better thing probably would have been to write down or something your pins then delete them all before upgrading. After the upgrade request them all back yourself. ? Idk just a thought. Idk if desktop manager has a back up for BBM if it did that would probably be good too.

12-27-08 04:21 PM
    If you had BBM buddies before the upgrade its trying to re establish them for you because upgrading OS pretty much wipes your phone. If you go to options > security > general > content protection: disable. That worked after I upgrade.
    Thanks! That seemed to fix the problem.

12-28-08 09:45 AM
    I originally had a 8110 with 4.3 on it and did a full backup.
    This phone broke and I was given an 8110 with 4.5 on it.
    Once i restored my information only 4 out of 80 BBM contacts were in their proper categories. The rest were under "Pending Pin Update". My content protection is set to Disabled already.

Any suggestions I'm having a hard time here
    Thank you
    02-10-09 11:28 PM
    So, I don't have it as bad as some BBM users, who pull out their battery and the message about switching to a new device appears, but it's still frustrating that every time I get a NEW device, the stupid message about updating my pin contacts shows up! UGH!!!

I've had three consecutive devices where this is the case. Yes, one would think that the message is legit as you have switched to a new device, but I know a number of people who get new devices and have NEVER seen the freakin' message!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have heard about disabling your content protection, but when I looked to confirm, it was already disabled, so I don't think that's the problem.

Just talked to a rep from RIM and he has never heard of this. WTF?!?!

03-25-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD