Just in case you need help finding Application Permissions... go to "Options," then "Advanced Options" then "Applications." Once there, find PeekAWho, and click the BB Menu key, and then choose "Edit Default Permissions."
    12-12-08 04:27 PM
    Just in case you need help finding Application Permissions... go to "Options," then "Advanced Options" then "Applications." Once there, find PeekAWho, and click the BB Menu key, and then choose "Edit Default Permissions."
    Thanks - let me try that!
    12-12-08 04:44 PM
    I installed the Free Trial Version to test it out, and now that I have purchased the full version, my SMS notifications won't pop -- email pops work just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone this may also have happened to? I emailed Tech support, but haven't heard back yet....

Thanks!
    Have you separated your SMS from your InBox? If so, PeekAWho won't alert SMS. I asked tech support and learned it's a RIM policy issue and won't change until RIM allows it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 04:52 PM
    Have you separated your SMS from your InBox? If so, PeekAWho won't alert SMS. I asked tech support and learned it's a RIM policy issue and won't change until RIM allows it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Really??? That's odd, because it worked with the trial version...I'll try anything at this point.
    12-12-08 07:42 PM
    I installed the Free Trial Version to test it out, and now that I have purchased the full version, my SMS notifications won't pop -- email pops work just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone this may also have happened to? I emailed Tech support, but haven't heard back yet....

Thanks!
    A battery pull is a known fix for the SMS pop ups to work, after you have configed the app as you like.
    12-12-08 07:53 PM
    A battery pull is a known fix for the SMS pop ups to work, after you have configed the app as you like.
    Thanks! Do you think an uninstall/reinstall might work?
    12-12-08 08:00 PM
    Perhaps, hard to say, start with the battery pull..
    12-12-08 08:01 PM
    I have to gripes about the program so far after purchasing it.

I'm suprised how much space is wasted on the screen. I get only a very small amount of text and sometimes only the subject yet there is a HUGE amount of blank space above the text for the sender's name. I wish there was a way to enable the program to display more text so that I can read a good portion of the text so that I can decide if it is worth replying to right away.

When you click on the inbox icon it takes you to the message inbox instead of opening the actual text that you just received. That seems a waste to me. Obviously I want to read and reply to that message so why send me to the message inbox?

Are there any settings that I can change to help with these issues or is this how the program works?
    12-19-08 06:59 AM
    It WILL send you to the message box, it wont send you right to the SMS box, thats a RIM thing, no way around it (yet)
    12-19-08 07:04 AM
    Somebody will figure a way around it eventually...
    12-19-08 07:40 AM
    I have 4.5 OS, Empower Pro and Peek@Who. Peek works great...awesome for driving and letting you get a glance on what's coming in on e-mail. It is my Empower that sucks with 4.5 OS but that is for another thread.
    12-19-08 08:21 AM
    It's because OS 4.5 already has HTML e-mail and it can cause conflicts. Some e-mails you can view on empower, some come in regular e-mail style...
    12-19-08 08:28 AM
    i used it for a while but had many lag problems when receiving multiple emails back to back.... it made everything soooo slow. also the icons are extremely small considering that i don't have big hands. I just uploaded a AndriodSlide, a free amazing theme and needed to say that with all the hidden today features i didn't see the need for peekawho anymore. I wish I could get a refund since I only used it for like a week.
    03-18-09 05:58 PM
    there is no app out that can lead you to the SMS inbox, try the free trial before purchasing, thats what its there for. crackberry blogs about the current 4 alert apps that are out and NONE of them go to the SMS inbox. its not the developer's fault, its RIMs'

but i do agree on the lag from receiving multiple emails :/ that and sometimes the led does not stop flashing even after i read the email / sms.
    03-18-09 06:04 PM
    They need a dismiss all icon/option when a flood of emails come in. Then you can just go to the in box and see the emails rather than cycling through all the pop ups.
    03-19-09 06:25 AM
290 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD