Hey all, been registered a while but just lurking.

I loved my pearl, but got away from T-mobile and went to Verizon, and thought, "oh, what a chance to get a storm!"

Well, I hated it. I'm sure for a lot of people it's great, but it's just definitely not for me. It takes too many extra steps to do things, i hated writing anything on it, either with suretype or the qwerty, the ergonomics actually had my fingers hurting. and it was heavy and bulky.

So i took it back yesterday and GLADLY paid the $35 restocking fee and got myself a curve, and i couldn't be happier. Though i wish vzw had the new style curve or bold, I don't really mind but the 8330 sure is looking a bit outdated (exterior wise) compared to a lot of new devices.

Anyway, already scrounging apps and cases and tweaking my 8330 thanks to you guys!

Mikel.
    05-07-09 10:28 AM
    Welcome to the forum! I came from a larger palm device so the curve looks cool to me, in fact I really like it over the bolds look.
    05-07-09 10:44 AM
    Welcome to posting!

I had a Pearl on the Verizon network, and loved it.

However, after a year I wanted something a bit bigger - bigger screen and full keyboard - and believe me, I was in and out of my Verizon store EVERDAY for 1 week, playing with the Storm. Something just wasn't right with it (for my needs, at least), and so I passed it up for the Curve.

I'll tell you, I am so happy with my decision. And after picking up the Curve, I found out from the store just how many people actually bought the Storm and brought it back to exchange for the Curve!

Welcome again, and enjoy your Curve
    05-07-09 10:46 AM
    Welcome to the curve side of things! I think you will like your curve!
    05-07-09 10:50 AM
    Another welcome to the forums, sounds like you followed a fairly common learning Curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 10:58 AM
    welcome!

Im new too....!
    05-07-09 11:38 AM
    Only have owned a curve but messed around with a friends storm and it just wasn't for me. Curve works ror me as well.

05-07-09 11:52 AM
    Nothing to ***** about about the Curve. Luv the lil fella.
    05-07-09 12:11 PM
    I've had my 8310 for almost 2 years now and I still think it's the best smartphone out there. I'm due for an upgrade soon and I'm not sure I'd even want any other phone! Well, ok maybe an 8900 for the Wi-Fi.
    Last edited by woofster; 05-08-09 at 10:06 AM.
    05-08-09 10:02 AM
    Hi! I did the exact same thing. Loved my pearl but wanted something a little bigger. Thought about buying out my contract from VZW so I could get an iphone, but decided to try the curve. I have learned SO MUCH from cracberry addicts :-) Now my phone is not only my work phone, but I am constantly playing with it to learn new shortcuts and things people post. This is so much fun!!
    05-08-09 12:49 PM
    Welcome to all you new curve owners and newbies as well! The curve is an amazing device which I think you will all love...
    05-08-09 01:00 PM
    I had a very similar experience, I had the World Phone, gave it up when the Storm came out and introduced my mom to the blackberry world by giving her my World Phone, then after 4 storm replacements, verizon let me switch models to the Curve, I have to say having a reliable phone has been wonderful. As sad as I was to say goodbye to the technological advances that the Storm has to offer, its not stable or reliable yet and i can't be charging my phone all day or have it randomly reset when i need it!
    05-08-09 04:46 PM
    Not the latest but still the greatest! Every once and awhile I think about selling my bold and switching back

05-08-09 04:58 PM
    Hey all, been registered a while but just lurking.

I loved my pearl, but got away from T-mobile and went to Verizon, and thought, "oh, what a chance to get a storm!"

Well, I hated it. I'm sure for a lot of people it's great, but it's just definitely not for me. It takes too many extra steps to do things, i hated writing anything on it, either with suretype or the qwerty, the ergonomics actually had my fingers hurting. and it was heavy and bulky.

So i took it back yesterday and GLADLY paid the $35 restocking fee and got myself a curve, and i couldn't be happier. Though i wish vzw had the new style curve or bold, I don't really mind but the 8330 sure is looking a bit outdated (exterior wise) compared to a lot of new devices.

Anyway, already scrounging apps and cases and tweaking my 8330 thanks to you guys!

Mikel.
    Exactly the same for me. I went from the Pearl with Alltel, to the Storm with Verizon and just could never justify the typing on it, so I returned it for the 8330 Curve. I will end up paying full price for the Tour when it comes out though, but I am sooo happy to be with the curve rather than the Storm.
    05-08-09 04:59 PM
    I have a friend that went from and 8320 to an unlocked Storm, and he has had major issues with it! He even switched carriers for a few weeks to AT&T, came back to T-Mobile, and still has some issues, like Pandora not working after trying many workarounds.

My Curve is my first BB and my first smartphone, and I guess it's a great device, except for the leaky apps and short amount of memory.
    05-09-09 10:30 PM
    Can't go wrong with the Curve. Its just a great device. I mean I do so much from my Curve and because of that its so convenient. I love having my e-mails on the go and surfing the web or even watching a few videos to pass the time. Its simply my all in one device.

05-09-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD