View Poll Results: BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Vs. BlackBerry Curve 8330

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Pearl 8130

8 17.39%
  • BlackBerry Curve 8330

38 82.61%
    Ive had the 8830 and the bulk kinda wore on me, granted its not a choice here but still the size issue does sometime come into play. They have all the same apps to my knowledge and the main diff is size and keypad layout. The 8830 wore on me with size and general bulk but the screen was a plus I presently own the pearl and my choice couldnt have been better. Its smaller does all i want it to and doesnt smack everything when i sit down. Typying is simple and suretype is great its like T9 on steroids it just seems to know.

My advice, get the curve, then use it for 2 weeks or so then exchange it if the bulk wears on you, There is a reason for a 30 day exchange.
    Thats really smart. If I don't like the Curve because of size...I'll drop down to the lower priced pearl. Other than that they are very similar phones. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.
    08-01-08 06:02 PM
    One of my S in L's has a Pearl which she got as a free upgrade. I tried it, but opted for the curve with the full keyboard.
    08-01-08 06:14 PM
    One of my S in L's has a Pearl which she got as a free upgrade. I tried it, but opted for the curve with the full keyboard.
    I'm really enjoying this full keyboard on my dads Curve. I'm using my dads Curve right now. It is really cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 08:24 PM
    I might be able to get my Pearl or Curve this weekend. Probably this Sunday! I really like the keyboard. It feels good. It types well. it fits in the hand. In the last hour I have doubled my typing speed. I'm really having fun with this.

08-01-08 08:29 PM
    Man with a pearl here. The Pearl gets my vote. I think it gets a girly connotation b/c of the name, like male nurse. I love it: its small, fits in ur pocket, comfortable to talk on, easy to txt with one hand, and so on. I say get the Pearl 1st and then upgrade after 2 wks to a curve if you don't like it. Its better to be out less money up front

08-02-08 02:03 AM
    The Curve has Picture messaging...but that won't really affect me.
    the pearl 8130 has picture messaging.
    08-02-08 05:17 AM
    Really, see I don't wanna make that mistake. Think i'll be fine with the pearl and end up really wanting a curve
    i love the way the suretype comes up with the word that you are trying to type my spelling is not the best so that helps a lot.
    08-02-08 05:23 AM
    I couldn't agree more.I mean if you're happy with your pearl, stick with it. Think about its small size and also don't forget its faste to type on pearl than curve. I will stick with my curve until it dies on me.

did you mean to say pearl ?
    08-02-08 05:25 AM
    I'm partial to the Pearl, but then again that's what I have. I got mine back in February, and actually VZW wasn't carrying the curve yet when I decided on the BB. Two of my friends just got BB Curves, and actually after trying them out, I'm still happy with my Pearl (believe it or not, I find the Curve's keyboard to be a little wierd in the layout). The suretype is pretty easy to get used to (I came to BB from a Palm Treo, so I was already used to the qwerty keyboard when I switched).

Both devices pretty much do exactly the same thing. It pretty much, as others have said, comes down to size and price. The curve is slightly bigger, whereas the pearl is a bit less expensive.

Go with your gut.
    08-02-08 01:45 PM
    The full qwerty keyboard on the Curve wins hands down. The Curve is considered an upgrade from the Pearl for a good reason, bigger screen, fits better in the hand(mine anyways) and looks sleeker.
    Again this is all opinion, try both of them out and see which one you prefer.
    Either way I'm sure you'll be very happy with your BB.
    08-02-08 02:25 PM
    I have the curve and i love it!!! Best phone i ever had! My sis has the pearl and she hated it at first nut she got used to the key board, she loves it now. They are both great phones but i have to go with the curve!!!
    08-02-08 04:04 PM
    well since i transfered over to qwerty keyboards i could never
    go back..so i got the curve..but never really messed w/suretype
    and i have a sunset red case around my curve... pretty sexy
    08-02-08 04:41 PM
    I have the pearl! I'm a guy that loves his pearl. The curve wasn't available when I purchased my pearl. I have considered getting the curve, however I just can't toss my baby away.

08-02-08 05:20 PM
    They are both excellent phones! But I think you should try the pearl for a bit and if you decide you don't like it then you can get the curve since you already know what the curve feels like check with your provider on the exchange policies first tho! Good luck and all the best with your decision

08-02-08 05:39 PM
    BlackBerry Curve 8330
    08-02-08 06:23 PM
    As a person who owned both a Pearl and a Curve, I can say that I love my Curve much more.

These are the main reasons:

1. Full QWERTY. Sometimes the SureType keyboard was awesome and I would be texting like a a madwoman. No one could keep up with me. Other times there would be one word that I would spend ten minutes trying to type and the Pearl just wouldn't accept it. I couldn't even get it typed in to add it to my custom word list!!! It was usually at a time when I was trying to do a FAST text for a friend to meet me at some oddly named restaurant and I was in a rush and I couldn't get the #$&%$# thing to type the name of the restaurant. Gaahh!!!

I can type ANY word I want to on the Curve. No hassles.

2. Larger screen. It's nice with everything from the home screen to browsing to have a slightly larger screen.

3. For some reason with my Pearl I was having to do a battery pull one or two times per day. I never did figure out what was up with that. With my Curve I do a battery pull every couple of weeks, if that.
    08-02-08 10:40 PM
    Something I just found out from two friends that have BB curves... (both on AT&T). Apparently, the curve does not have video functions (I.e. Cannot record video). Don't know if that makes a difference or not, as the pearl is able to record video.

08-02-08 10:41 PM
    Get the Curve
    08-02-08 10:41 PM
    Something I just found out from two friends that have BB curves... (both on AT&T). Apparently, the curve does not have video functions (I.e. Cannot record video). Don't know if that makes a difference or not, as the pearl is able to record video.

My Verizon 8330 records videos.
    08-02-08 10:44 PM
    Man, I'm really stressing out about this. I have to go today and get it. Ohhhh man!! The Curve is by far the majority fav, but the Pearl is nice, small, compact. I'll talk to them about the exchange policy.
    08-03-08 08:17 AM
    for me, a bigger screen is a must. i think the pearl is sexier but the curve's full kb and larger screen seal the deal for me. I work at sprint and use both on a daily basis. they are essentially the same phone as u already know, but my preference is the curve
    08-03-08 08:51 AM
    I love the Pearl. I love the way it feels in my hands and fits in my purse. I wish it had a bigger internal memory but the device is perferct for my needs.
    08-03-08 09:42 AM
    In a gutsy move I was willing to fork over the extra cash to get a brand new Blackberry 8130 Curve! The more I played with my dads the more I liked it. The full keyboard really made the final descision.

08-03-08 06:39 PM
    In a gutsy move I was willing to fork over the extra cash to get a brand new Blackberry 8330 Curve! The more I played with my dads the more I liked it. The full keyboard really made the final descision.

08-03-08 06:41 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD