A friend of mine sent me a pdf file from his bb and yet I can't open it, but he can on his, we both have 8330. I have doc to go on the ph so I can't figure out why I can't open it, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 08:40 PM
    Docs to Go doesn't come with a PDF reader except as an add-on to the paid Premium version.
    BlackBerry can natively read a PDF if it's attached to an email, but to read files from the media card you need a third party app.
    One such app is D2G as noted. BeamSuite and Repligo (sorry, don't have links and I'm on wap) are good lower-cost options.

11-06-09 09:24 PM
    Does anyone know of a free pdf reader? Specifically, I need to open pdf files that are received via the gmail app.

11-06-09 11:53 PM
    There's no free option to open PDF files.

You can VIEW an image of the PDF file if it's an attachment to a message in the regular messaging application.
    11-07-09 06:40 AM
    Well he sent me the file as an attachment, but when I downloaded it, it wouldn't open. So if I got the prem version of doc to go, would I be able to open it then?

11-07-09 12:28 PM
    In the email, have you tried View instead of Download? BlackBerry OS can view attachments.
    But to your question about Docs to Go - yes, the Premium purchase includes a separate download of a nice PDF viewer. That's an expensive upgrade, though, if your primary interest is PDF ($70.00).
    Try one of these for a lower-cost option. I believe they both offer free trials:
    Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry
    or
    Cerience Corporation - RepliGo Document Solutions for Mobile Devices

11-07-09 01:48 PM
    Yeah, you need to view it from the message.

Otherwise, you need a paid application. There are several.
    11-07-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD