Has anyone had success using PDAnet on Boostmobile 8330 Blackberry? other carriers? Thanks in advance for any constructive lessons learned.

They have a trial version (nags after expiration). I am concerned that usage of PDAnet will trigger a 'tether alarm' with the carrier. I understand that Tetherberry gets around this problem by somehow "masking' tether traffic as native traffic (proxy?).

My tethering need is infrequent so PDAnet is a better choice as long as the 'tether alarm' is not raised.
    08-10-10 04:40 PM
    I used PDANet and it was rather glitchy, I would lose and gain the connection and sometimes pages wouldn't load and it actually froze my blackberry once. I settled with Tetherberry, it gives me my data usage right on my computer and it sets up instantly. I would mess around with PDANet a little more, cause it looks like it could serve as a cheap solution to Tetherberry. If you don't want that "tether alarm" I suggest you remove anything in the background that might be using data(maybe your instant messenger, and if you really needed it you would have had one installed on your Blackberry anyway). Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD