Okay I will provide as much detail here as I can. I guess I didn't do that last time, and I don't know where everyone went.

I have a BB go me!
    I have a USB CABLE
    I go to my computer
    I plug the cable into the computer and into the phone,
    The removable Disk (E shows up when i plug it in
    i click on it and i get this message Please insert a disk into drive E:
    I go down by the clock and click on the "hardware" it tells me what this is a mass storage device (I don't know if that has anything to do with it but notice that was kinda weird) How can I also add pictures from the pc to the blackberry?! What about what free apps can i add that way?

What I am trying todo

Put ringtones on my blackberry though the computer
    Mxyer tones is not in the question as i am not trying to use the internet. I would also like to learn what else I can do by plugging in my BB to the computer and how to do what ever it is I can do!
    Last edited by eshields1014; 03-18-09 at 04:51 PM.
    03-18-09 04:40 PM
    Do you have a Media Card installed in your BlackBerry? If not, you will not be able to use Mass Storage Mode and will need to use Roxio through the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

The Device Memory does not show up on the computer a drive.

If you DO have a Media Card, did you FORMAT it in the BlackBerry?

Options > Media Card > Menu Button > Format Card.

Once you get the card to show up on the computer as a drive or by using Roxio, you will be able to drag and drop files into the appropriate folders.

You canNOT install applications to the card. They must be installed to device via an OTA link or via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Application Loader (depending upon the format of the application file)>
    03-18-09 05:19 PM
    I have no idea if there is a media card on there, if your talking about SD Card then no.... How do i find out?
    03-18-09 05:21 PM
    I do not know how to do anything on the BB if you could give me directions on what im looking for and how to do it I would be happy to try. I know nothing
    03-18-09 05:22 PM
    The Media Card is a microSD card that you (typically) must purchase separately from your phone.

It is installed under the battery of the phone.

If you don't have a Media Card, then you will need to download and install on your computer a program named BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Media Manager. It is available for free from the BlackBerry website.

You might want to read through the 101 Lecture Series in the Newbies Link at the top of the page. It will give you lots of information and instruction.
    03-18-09 05:26 PM
    Okay whoa Some how it wasnt connect and now is so lets see what i can do
    03-18-09 05:27 PM
    I have that bb manager installed on my computer already the CD came with the phone, no i dont have the SD card thanks for explaining it that helps now i know what part i am at.next?
    03-18-09 05:28 PM
    why would i need to and how would i activate mass storage mode on my phne?
    03-18-09 05:38 PM
    Did you install BlackBerry Desktop Manager WITH Media Manager or WITHOUT Media Manager?

You canNOT activate Mass Storage Mode without having a Media Card installed. Mass Storage Mode is what allows the Media Card to be seen as a drive on your computer so that you can drag and drop files to the card.

Once you have one and have it properly formatted, you would go to Option > Media Card. Then you need to check that Media Card Support is set to On. Then check to be sure that Mass Storage Mode is set to On. Then check the setting next to Connected and select either Yes or Prompted.

Then when you connect your phone to your computer, it will either enter Mass Storage Mode automatically (if you have selected Yes) or you will be Prompted (if you have selected Prompt).
    03-18-09 05:54 PM
    If you don't have a Media Card, then you will HAVE to use Roxio Media Manager through the BlackBerry Desktop Manager in order to copy files from your computer to your Device Memory.

Check out these Lectures.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...nager-software

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...our-blackberry
    03-18-09 05:58 PM
    I dont know how i did it. I put the cd and clicked install :/
    03-18-09 05:58 PM
    Go to the BlackBerry website. Find the download section and download BlackBerry Desktop Software WITH Media Manager v4.6.

It's a 300 MB file so it will take a while.

Install this to your computer.
    03-18-09 06:01 PM
    Just a quick addition - You can get a MicroSD card pretty cheap. I got a 4 gig card at Wal Mart for less than 20 bucks. I've got several movies, fifty or so ring tones, 90 ebooks, and a couple of dozen CD's on here and it's not full yet.
    03-18-09 07:01 PM
    You should get the largest media card that is supported by your BB's OS and that you can afford. The card sizes are here:View Document

You can check your OS version by going Options > About, 3rd line. If you are not using OS 4.5, you should consider upgrading the instructions in the sticky thread for your device at the top of the forum, and this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    03-19-09 06:40 AM
    Well damn now I don't even have aphone the ball fell out and att wants 180 for a new BB anyone know where i can get one cheaper? thanks
    03-19-09 12:26 PM
    Are you saying that your trackball fell out? Can you just put it back in? And they typically don't just fall out on their own. Did you drop it?

Anyway, you can get replacements from several online sources?

cnn.cn typically has the best prices but you might wait longer for delivery.

You can also try bbenriched.com or or Amazon.com
    03-19-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD