I called TMobile to ask about the insurance and will it cover my blackberry if anything were to happen to it and they said yes it will, I then called my friend who works with TMobile to confirm again and he said yes, it does cover my curve. this better be true
    It is I already had my cracked screen replaced once.
    02-29-08 10:08 PM
    I was told the same thing- not insurable. So, I got insurance on my own at: Safeguard Insurance for Consumers by Atlantic Technology Group. I am about to add my second Berry(for my wife). I'm not an agent or a solicitor for this company, but, I bought the berries and I want to make sure that I have some type of coverage. Also, I have no problem with at&t and their smart phone policy. Simply put, the ultimate responsibility for my phones are mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 11:00 PM
    Haha another reason T-mobile is better than AT&T. We get insurance on out curves. There is a deductible of $110 but better than buying a new phone
    03-01-08 10:28 AM
    Once again....I stress the difference between warranty and insurance replacements....

Some of you seemed confused. Im not sure about Verizon, but T-Mo does offer insurance for Curves.

Att DOES offer insurance for SOME BBs....not curves though....
    fixed for you
    03-01-08 10:31 AM
    see, youre all with the wrong company because t-mobile offers insurance. and unlike at&t, they actually do honor the insurance.
    03-01-08 03:33 PM
    for blackberrys?

'cause that'd make them the only one to the best of my knowledge.
    The coverage that Asurion offers through Sprint will also cover the BlackBerrys.

Point of fact here also; the coverage that you have is not provided by the carrier. The carriers are not able to sell the insurance since they are not insurance companies. The coverage is between the insured and the insurer (i.e. Asurion, The Signal, etc.) The state regulatory commissions strictly manage these companies.

I just wanted to share something that I had not yet seen mentioned.
    03-01-08 10:04 PM
    I don't know if someone may have already stated this but Sprint DOES honor their insurance, when I lost my bb sprint had it replace asap, I just had to pay a $50 deductable. Also when my bb died on me b/c I had insurance sprint replaced it at there store of free

03-01-08 10:18 PM
    I currently own a BB, but my brother has a 8525 which is a smartphone. For some reason they allowed us have the insurance, and actually replaced his 8525 then canceled the insurance automatically after one claim
    03-01-08 10:25 PM
    I have insurance on my phone with TMO and I had problems with the phone and I have exchanged it through my insurance and I had no problems. I was told through the grapevine that AT&T are just ................... I left them because they were ripping me off in monthly bills, nothing was added or whatsoever, my bill kept getting higher and higher and i have fought with the giant and lost.
    03-02-08 07:23 AM
    I currently own a BB, but my brother has a 8525 which is a smartphone. For some reason they allowed us have the insurance, and actually replaced his 8525 then canceled the insurance automatically after one claim
    I spoke with AT&T a few days ago and they advised that they would not insure the Curve, but had recently started covering the Pearl. If I were you, I would contact someone else at AT&T or the insurance carrier directly. It's possible that you may be paying for coverage that you don't have!!!
    03-02-08 09:19 AM
    Verizons additonal insurance covers all the phones they carry. They use Asurion, and they it doesn't matter if its a basic flip phone or my blackberry. Its all covered.

03-02-08 09:41 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD