Hi... I'm new here and new to Blackberry. I'm coming from the Palm 700wx to the 8310 and switching from Verizon to AT&T at the same time.

My 8310 has a device password set up as required by my company. I have noticed that after entering the password it can take up to 6 seconds to get to my home screen. However sometimes it's much quicker. Is this normal?

I am using the bphone Today Theme, although the AT&T theme seems to exhibit the same behavior.

Thanks,

-Ted
    02-21-08 11:51 PM
    How much free memory is on the device? Look in Options >Status and tell us the "file free."
    02-21-08 11:55 PM
    There is 19MB free.

It didn't seem so slow before today. The last application I installed on the phone is the Berry Locator. I might try to remove that to see if it helps.
    02-21-08 11:57 PM
    Important bit of info there....If it wasn't slow before that app then, yeah, I'd try removing it.
    02-21-08 11:58 PM
    I removed Berry Finder and that didn't seem to help. I then unrolled the last few things I did:

-Removed BESMail
    -Deleted BIS account (I was just using the Gmail app before)
    -Switched back to ATT Theme
    -Did a battery pull

After that things are running fast again. I don't know which of the above was causing the problem. (I did start from a fresh battery pull before removing things, so it wasn't that)
    Last edited by austinted; 02-22-08 at 12:25 AM.
    02-22-08 12:22 AM
    It seems that any Today style theme will cause this problem for me. The thing that threw me off was that switching back to an Icon style theme didn't clean things up until after a battery pull.

-Ted
    02-22-08 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD