I just got this new phone from sprint a week or two ago. I want to lock my phone with a password. it is unlocked now. I am afraid that when i change it to enable the password lock feature, I won't get it unlocked because I don't know what my password is or how to change it. Can someone help me find the password or tell me how to change it? the manual says to go to general settings under security and click menu and select change password, but I dont get the change password option. it is an 8330 with the newest OS.
    03-23-09 03:35 PM
    Did you change the Password setting from Disabled to Enabled and then SAVE the changes? This will prompt you to enter the password.
    03-23-09 04:59 PM
    Thats what I am asking. I don't know the password....I don't even remember setting one. If I save the changes and it asks me to enter the password and I don't know it, will i ever be able to unlock it?
    03-23-09 08:49 PM
    I suggest while you have access to back up everything via dm. Personal info AND 3rd party apps. Once that's done and you're sure you have stuff backed up, play with it. If it bricks, wipe and reinstall os.... So you might wanna download the suitible os for your phone first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:54 PM
    Do you remember your username? If so, you can go here and request your password:

BlackBerry Internet Service

It looks like you can also enter your PIN and get your password. If that does not work, call Sprint and see if there is anyway that you can prove that you are the owner of the phone. I had a similar issue with Verizon and was able to get my password.

BTW...yes...10 wrong attempts to enter your password and you will wipe your BB so follow the advice above and back-up the information on your phone.
    03-23-09 09:52 PM
    Thats what I am asking. I don't know the password....I don't even remember setting one. If I save the changes and it asks me to enter the password and I don't know it, will i ever be able to unlock it?
    If you have never set a password, once you ENABLE the password, it will PROMPT you to enter (ie CREATE) a password. Doesn't the prompt read "New Password"?
    03-23-09 09:57 PM
    What "prompt"?
    03-24-09 07:52 AM
    What "prompt"?
    he is talking about when you go to enable it to passwoard protected...does is promt(ask you) to set up and new password?
    03-24-09 07:55 AM
    I haven't got that far. I havent changed it to enable and saved it as I am not sure what to do if it doesn't ask me for a password and locks itself. I guess I will back everything up and try it.
    03-24-09 08:05 AM
    Well I think it would promt you if you have yet to set a password and then you just set it all up and you are good to go.
    03-24-09 08:06 AM
    Yeah, it won't lock at that point until you SAVE the setting. So just try it.
    03-24-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD