HELP! i can't unlock my bb 8330, the password field won't accept my password and now has no asterisks, it shows the actual type.

this is what happened:
    my music file didn't show all the songs i transferred in the blackbery > music folder in the computer window explorer

So i tried deleting all music in windows explorer but it still shows in the blackberry even though it's not in the bb folder on the computer anymore

so i thought maybe the desktop software has to remove it
    i opened the desktop manager and device manager and it asked me for my password, i entered my bb unlock password but it didn't work
    so i tried some other password i could've used registering the software or something.. nothing! i restarted a couple of times around this point i think

all of a sudden it said "enter 'blackberry' to continue"
    so i did typed 'blackberry' and a password field popped up that shows type and not asterisks

it won't accept any passwords
    now i'm on password 8/10 and still can't get in

can anyone help before my bb self-destructs?
    Last edited by RRRRING; 01-14-09 at 03:39 PM.
    01-14-09 02:56 PM
    aLSO FORGOT TO ADD THAT WHEN I WAS IN THE MEDIA MUSIC LIST SCREEN IN THE BB, IT SAID 'SCANNING' AT THE BOTTOM AND PART OF THE BOTTOM SCREEN WAS MISSING, IT SHOWED ONLY THE FIRST BUNCH OF SONGS BUT NOT THE REST EVEN THOUGH THE INTERNET EXPLORER FOLDER IN THE COMPUTER SHOWED THEM ALL, I HAVE A 2GB CARD AND PLENTY OF SPACE.. COULD THIS BE RELATED TO THE PASSWORD ERROR, MAYBE THE SOFTWARE HAS A BUG???
    01-14-09 03:47 PM
    Nope. There's no way around it. If you can't remember the correct password, once you enter it 10 times incorrectly, the device will wipe itself. Then you will have a clean phone and you can start over.

Hopefully, you have a recent backup on your computer.
    01-14-09 05:22 PM
    I know the password, but something has changed the way the password field types the password in, instead of showing asterisks it shows the actual type and my password doesn't work anymore.. maybe there is some default password for the device?
    01-14-09 07:43 PM
    It will change from the asterisks to the actual letters to HELP you be sure that you are actually typing the correct thing.

Typically, what people have experienced is that perhaps they thought they were entering numbers when the first created the password, but they weren't actually holding the ALT key so the password really was letters instead of numbers.

The password will not just stop working. And there's no default password. It's a security feature.
    01-14-09 07:57 PM
    That's It! Got In..thanks
    01-14-09 08:10 PM
    I struck gold with this! I was actually thinking that my password was number but it was not! Got it at the 9th attempt...
    Thanks!
    01-06-14 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD