Hello. I recently received an email from RIM that there was an OS upgrade available for my 8300 Curve. I went to blackberry.com (using Windows Vista box IE 7), started the procedure which gave me a fatal error near the finish. I was left with a white screen showing a circle with a line through it. Inside the circle was a rectangle that showed a circle, a square, and a triangle. I then spent many hours with both AT&T and Blackberry support trying to get the phone back (i.e. to upgrade and boot). During the upgrade process, the phone could not be detected by the software and would fail. I noticed that after every failure, the screen on the phone would change to show a phone and PC icon trying to connect. Finally, I was able to "trick" the software using the apploader by restarting the upgrade process when the phone PC icons were displaying on the phone.

The phone is back, but I have lost all contacts, and I can not send emails. I'm not sure if the contacts were saved or not on the windows box. When I try and create an email account, it tells me the account already exists. "No message services configured" when I try and send an email. Any help would sure be appreciated
    04-17-09 12:01 PM
    Did you do a full back up prior to your update? If not you might restore an older one to start with.

THen go to options>advanced options>host routing table> menu> register now.

This should get your data going. If email does nto start working, then you will to login to your carriers BIS and resend serivce books from there. If you cannot in there, then your carrier can send them
    04-17-09 12:05 PM
    Ok, was finally able to get Deskto Manager installed. Did a restore and all is well. I'm assuming the restore put back the older OS? How can I tell what OS is currently installed?
    04-17-09 02:54 PM
    No, Restore doesn't change the OS it just restores the databases.

Use Options > About to see what OS you are on.
    04-17-09 02:59 PM
    Currently shows 4.5.0.110, which I guess is the latest. Thanks for eveyones help
    04-17-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD