I took the plunge and painted my housing. I sanded it down close the the plastic, making sure I didn't put grooves in it. Then wet sanded it for a silky smooth surface. I put two coats of primer, then wet sand again, put three coats of flat black (yes I'm murdering out my berry, I know its played out now), then I hit it with a matte clearcoat. My dilemma is after letting it dry for a week before even attemting to put it all together it is still tacky. Nothing is rubbing off or anything and I keep in a holster so it rubs against that all the time, but still tacky to the touch. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? and the obvious answer "you did it yourself" can be left out. JK.

Thanks
    11-19-08 01:35 PM
    Was it paint specific for plastic? what kinda paint did you use?
    11-19-08 02:19 PM
    Sounds like U used paint that is not for plastic..
    11-19-08 02:22 PM
    It may not of been specifically for plastic, but it said "safe on plastics". So I should get a strictly only for plastic paint?
    11-19-08 02:43 PM
    Try Krylonfusion, that is specific for plastics, it wont be tacky once completely dried. You can find it easy at walmart inthe paint section, Home Depot, the times ive gone have black and white too
    11-19-08 02:45 PM
    I will try that, thanks.
    11-19-08 02:47 PM
    When I "murdered" my Pearl, I used automotive paint specifically for plastic. Take the advice from the other posts and use paint that is only for plastic. Try to "bake" it under a light, this will make it dry faster, instead of having to wait a week. I paint on the side, so I have the tools to do so, but I'm sure you can put it under a lamp and get the same effect.

You did everything right except not using plastic paint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD