can someone help me please..i paid FULL price for my vzw curve 8330 and im thinking its a refurb..i ordered it threw vzw online and when i recieved it the box was already opened ( the clear tape they use to hold the box closed was cut) there was no holseter in the box ,the phone is okay i think but the keys are a little lose...is there anyway they would sell you a refurb phone when you pay the full price..this is $500 im talking about here..thats a lot of money
    10-09-08 12:01 PM
    Sounds like you got ripped off. I'd call them about it and/or return it for a refund

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 12:08 PM
    Go into your local store and let them know whats going on and switch it for a new one.
    10-09-08 12:10 PM
    Yep go straight to the store and ask to speak with a manager. Explain to them that you got the box and it was already cut(the tape). Some reports were that the keys were a bit loose, but not a major problem.... But not having everything is the box is what worries me. I would also like to mention that even refurbished units have fully taped boxes.

Since it was shipped Fed Ex they would not open the package, is highley unlikely that the box would be open by inspectors, that is more in USPS....

Well good luck and get down to the store... Take all paperwork with you as well.
    10-09-08 12:17 PM
    Good luck with the exchange, let us know how it went!
    10-09-08 01:00 PM
    thank you all for your advise..i went to verizon this morning with all my paperwork and explained what happend and they were very nice about it...i now have a BRAND NEW PINK CURVE..with all the parts...i feel much better now...you guys are really great..thank you for your help
    10-10-08 10:04 AM
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    10-10-08 10:12 AM
    Another satisfied customer. Glad it worked out smoothly
    10-10-08 11:45 AM
    Dang..full price..whew..
    I have the world phone and I'm waiting to pick up a curve (need a camera more than I thought)
    Hopefully the prices come down with the hoopla of the newer phones.
    Glad it worked out for you though!
    10-10-08 11:57 AM
    The same thing happened to my company when we bought company BB phones from verizon, our company president not only called CS but also wrote a letter, and went down to a verizon store where the manager not only applogized but gave us free stuff.
    10-10-08 12:27 PM
    enjoy your new curve!!!
    10-10-08 12:31 PM
    *~*Yay!!!! I'm glad you got a new Pink Curve!!!! How are you liking it so far??? *~*
    10-10-08 12:38 PM
    Have fun with your Curve, great phone.
    10-10-08 12:50 PM
    i am LOVING my pink curve....it is so pretty and i have the orange glow in the dark skin on it..i must say the pink and orange is a good color combo..
    10-10-08 12:53 PM
    *~*I was thinking about getting an orange skin for mine...I'm thinking it will be a good choice now!! *~*
    10-10-08 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD