The application "Compose" icon is gone from my applications screen. How do I get it back?
    Chuckrob

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 05:41 PM
    Have you hide that folder/icon or have you changed your theme? either of those could affect what is hid.
    03-16-09 06:03 PM
    Make sure you didnt have it hidden. While on the screen that has all the icons hit the menu key and select show all. If that doesnt do it, your going to need your device OS downloaded and installed on your pc. Find out what version you have by going to options/about. Its the app version. Then you need to have desktop manager installed on your pc too. After you have both the OS and desktop manager installed you just hook up your device to the pc via the usb cable. Start desktop manager go to applications loader. After the list of applications comes up make sure you put a check next whatever application you want. Hit next follow the prompts and it will install it for you.
    03-16-09 06:04 PM
    Thanks, RLP32. I did the show all and the "compose" application didn't show up. I did the hookup to the computer, went to the application loader, and it only showed three applications that I already have on the Blackberry, didn't show all of them, and didn't show any new applications. When I browsed it just went to my hard disk and not to a Blackberry site where I could download applications or a new OS. Am I missing something or is the system doing something wrong?
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 06:45 PM
    Wait a second...lets back up here. Did you install a new theme recently? Have you tried pulling the battery out while the device is on?
    03-16-09 06:49 PM
    Nope, I didn't put up a new theme and I haven't removed and replaced the battery either while it was on or off. I have a feeling this is getting sticky.
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 06:52 PM
    Pulling the battery while the device on is called a hard reset. Its good to do every now and then.
    03-16-09 06:54 PM
    OK, I'll try it but it scares me to do that.
    03-16-09 07:05 PM
    I removed the battery while it was on and put it back in. Everything is as it was before and I'm still connected to the Desktop Manager but still no "compose" icon. Got any more ideas I can try?
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 07:12 PM
    I did it but everything is the same. (I replied in this thread but my reply is gone!, so here it is again).
    03-16-09 07:35 PM
    Have you upgraded your OS & what version of DM are you using?
    03-16-09 07:51 PM
    I haven't upgraded the OS and I don't know what DM is. I've noly had this (my first) Blackberry a week and look at all the trouble I'm having!
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 08:06 PM
    Have you ever been able to e-mail anyone? Do you have a data plan?
    03-16-09 08:38 PM
    I sent an email from my home computer to my Blackberry about ten minutes ago but I didn't get it. What is a data plan and what do I do about it?
    chuckrob
    03-16-09 08:48 PM
    chuckrob... I'm a newbie too & I'm trying to help you out. I have been searching to find out how you can look into your BB to see if you have a data plan. have you set up your e-mail with the e-mail set up wizard? The icon looks like a envelope with a gear on it.
    03-16-09 09:02 PM
    I've set up my email and I have gotten some messages but I haven't tried to send one yet. When I wanted to compose one the icon was gone. I've looked at the email setup wizard again and everything seems to be all right.I have an account and a user address and I 've gotten email. Very puzzling!
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 09:12 PM
    Try going back to you BIS site & resend the service books.
    03-16-09 09:19 PM
    Here's the link to resend your service books.
    03-16-09 09:23 PM
    I downloaded the service books and it worked. I got an acknowledgment message. But still no compose icon. The message said that If this did not fix my problem I should contact Blackberry help. I'll do that in the morning but now I'm going to get some sleep and perhaps things will be clearer in the morning. Thanks to both of you for trying to help.
    chuckrob
    Chuckrob
    03-16-09 09:25 PM
    Maybe from the home screen open the apps & look in their for the compose folder.
    03-16-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD