Before you scold me for not searching, I have been reading up on BIS for days now. I'm just a big dummy-dummy and totally new to BB.

I set up my Roadrunner email account which is linked to my Outlook 2007 to my BB Curve. That is working fine, I am sending and receiving emails with no problems.

I am wondering if there is a way that when I read and delete an email from my BB I can make it delete off of Outlook as well.

Is this something that's possible? Do I need to sync, or can it be automatic?

Thanks for you help
    11-23-08 08:27 PM
    Before you scold me for not searching, I have been reading up on BIS for days now. I'm just a big dummy-dummy and totally new to BB.

I set up my Roadrunner email account which is linked to my Outlook 2007 to my BB Curve. That is working fine, I am sending and receiving emails with no problems.

I am wondering if there is a way that when I read and delete an email from my BB I can make it delete off of Outlook as well.

Is this something that's possible? Do I need to sync, or can it be automatic?

Thanks for you help
    If you are using Outlook that would mean that your email is POP3 - - the short answer is no because both Outlook and your BlackBerry get the email from your email provider's server so once you pull an email to Outlook there is no real connection between your BlackBerry and Outlook itself. However, if you read an email on your BlackBerry and delete it from the BlackBerry and "mailbox" you will have deleted it off the email provider's server, then if you fire up Outlook and do a send/recieve the email will not show in Outlook because you have already deleted it from "mailbox" (email server) before Outlook could retrieve it from said server (if you want it to still be there and available to Outlook then delete from "Handheld" only). This is assuming you are using BIS which I think you are.......Blackberrys that are run under BES (Enterprise) will have full over-the-air sync capabilites, where as BIS does not.
    11-23-08 11:45 PM
    Thanks for explaining that to me
    11-24-08 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD