I've had my Curve 8830 for a couple weeks now and I love it! I have set up my gmail and yahoo email accounts on my Blackberry on sprint.blackberry.com with no problems.

My work email is a different story. I set up my email on the sprint/blackberry site without problems, and got the confirmation email immediately on my blackberry that I had set up the account correctly. However, Outlook stops receiving messages when my blackberry is also set up to receive them. I get this message:

Task 'Tim's WAC E-Mail - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] user mailbox locked'

When I delete my work email account from the sprint.blackberry.com site, then all of the emails that were received on my bb, but not on outlook during the time the account was in existence all come flooding into my outlook.

I called both sprint (which was a COMPLETE waste of time) and my email provider (Integra). Integra told me that outlook is getting pissed because another program is constantly blocking it's access to the mail server so I needed to set up a POP account instead of IMAP, which I have tried to do. Seems that during the setup on the sprint.blackberry site that the type of email server is automatically detected every time, and it always detects that my email server is IMAP. Does anyone know how to prevent the automatic detection? Or any other solution that will allow me to receive emails on both outlook and my bb. Can't they just share access to the mail server without getting all territorial?

Thanks for the help!
    01-12-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD