Hi. Sorry if this is duplicative, but I couldn't find an answer in other posts. BB Curve 8330, DM 4.3.0.17, Windows XP. First synching my Outlook 2003 calendar was fine (I have it set for synching both ways.) Then it kept wanting to delete hundreds of calendar entries (luckily I had it set to notify me.) These appeared to just be older entries when I hit "details." I have my device set to keep calendar entries forever, so while this was annoying, it was not fatal as I could just reject the deletions. Now, it not only wants to delete entries, but when I hit "details" nothing happens, so I can't even be sure what it wants to delete. Tried unclicking and reclicking synch options and all that, but to no avail. It's possible that there is some setting in Outlook that is telling the DM to delete older entries, but I can't find it. Does anyone out there have a solution or could send me a link to the thread that does?

Thanks!!
    08-20-08 11:17 PM
    it wants to delete old calendar entries on your phone to save space, but will not delete future or current entries.
    08-21-08 06:15 AM
    my curve will not sync my calendar to outlook 2007 it gets hung up on #8 of the calendar and says failed
    help
    i have deleted cical e mails from service books
    08-23-08 09:00 PM
    Hi. Sorry if this is duplicative, but I couldn't find an answer in other posts. BB Curve 8330, DM 4.3.0.17, Windows XP. First synching my Outlook 2003 calendar was fine (I have it set for synching both ways.) Then it kept wanting to delete hundreds of calendar entries (luckily I had it set to notify me.) These appeared to just be older entries when I hit "details." I have my device set to keep calendar entries forever, so while this was annoying, it was not fatal as I could just reject the deletions. Now, it not only wants to delete entries, but when I hit "details" nothing happens, so I can't even be sure what it wants to delete. Tried unclicking and reclicking synch options and all that, but to no avail. It's possible that there is some setting in Outlook that is telling the DM to delete older entries, but I can't find it. Does anyone out there have a solution or could send me a link to the thread that does?

Thanks!!
    I am having this exact same issue. And NO it's not deleting things in my bb. It's deleting things out of my Outlook Calendar! If I do the synch separately (synch outlook --> device; then device --> outlook) it works perfectly. It's only when I have device <--> outlook that it wants to delete 188 items out of my outlook calendar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    08-28-08 11:15 AM
    I am having the same problem and also have looked all over. I am going to be in deep doo-doo with the IRS if I can't reproduce my appointments that were deleted upon synching. I have a Curve 8320. If anyone figures this out, can you send a note to everyone in this thread?
    01-29-09 04:02 PM
    did you try upgrading the DM?
    01-29-09 04:09 PM

Thanks!!
    Do you have multiple email addresses? Are you on BIS or BES? I was having a similar situation in which it wanted to delete appointments from outlook. In my case, the culprit was the second email address in BIS. Apparently the BIS sytem sets up a calender for every email account on your BB, and from what I gathered on this forum, there is no way to select which calender when you synchronize.

I fixed my issue by going to options>advanced options>default services> and setting my calender CICAL setting back to my default email. That seemed to have done the trick for me.

Other people have suggested deleting the CICAL settings for all the calenders, except for the one associated with your default email. However, since I am a newby, I am a bit weary of deleting anything at this point. If I find the link to the other threads, I will post it.

I hope that helps
    01-29-09 04:43 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this?

I have tried several solutions I have found, including:
    • Running a one way sync to phone, then vis versa to "reset"
    • making sure "keep forever is on (it always has been)
    • Resetting configuration, syncing to phone, then normal
    • Rebooting the phone

But the desktop still wants to delete my old outlook calendar items. I have a 8310 with DM 4.6 and OS 4.5.0.81. I have the DM configured to keep entries 365 days in the past and 999 days in the future, yet it wants to delete everything more than a few weeks old.

As for the CICAL suggestion, I'm a bit confused as I am using BIS, so under CICAL it shows my Yahoo email address, yet for the actual calendar I am syncing (or trying to!) to Outlook. Do I delete the Yahoo entry? It doesn't seem to want to let me to anyway.

I swear this problem only started recently, with me able to sync perfectly before. I haven't upgraded anything, so I can't figure out what changed.
    02-04-09 02:37 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this?

\As for the CICAL suggestion, I'm a bit confused as I am using BIS, so under CICAL it shows my Yahoo email address, yet for the actual calendar I am syncing (or trying to!) to Outlook. Do I delete the Yahoo entry? It doesn't seem to want to let me to anyway.

I swear this problem only started recently, with me able to sync perfectly before. I haven't upgraded anything, so I can't figure out what changed.
    Apparently, every time you add an email account in the BIS system, it will create a calender for it on your bb. If you only have one email, then your calender should synchronize fine, and the problem may be related to the amount of free memory. If your device free memory is low, it will start to delete stuff. There are some threads that deal with that.

My problem resulted from adding a second email for my personal stuff. At that point, when I would synchronize, outlook which contained all appointments (business and personal combined), it would randomly pick a calender, and want to delete those appointments which were not on that calender. For example, if outlook picked to synchronize with my bb business calender, then the desktop synch program would want to delete my personal appointment. The way that I fixed it was by setting the CICAL option under options/advanced options/default services to the the same email as the messaging(CMIME). I don't know if this is a cure all, but it worked for me.
    02-05-09 12:16 PM
    I've been pulling my hair out over the last several days and this was exactly what I needed to do. Thanks for the nudge.
    02-05-09 01:28 PM
    I have a new twist on this and it is driving me crazy.

A new calender named, "Device Default" randomly and magically appeared on my Curve and it sucked all of my actual default calender entries into it. Then I, while not paying close enough attention, chose yes when I was asked if I wanted to delete all the entries in Outlook that were "deleted" in my BB. So, now my Outlook is empty. And, it won't sync with this mysterious new calender "Device Default" so I can't get them back into Outlook.

I always have had a calender for each email address. And, I have always had a particular one marked as the default. That never changed. But this new calender that appeared continues to monopolize my BB even though it isn't set as the default. Furthermore, when I go into the "Choose Default" area of the calender or into my Service Books, there is no entry for this new mysterious calender.
    04-02-09 03:52 PM
    I just got my storm today (9530) but it won't recognize that I even have Outlook on my computer, let alone sync to it. Now it is Outlook 2000 version but it doesn't even see it to sync with it. Please, I'm desperate for ideas.
    04-22-09 11:36 PM
    Outlook 2000 is most likely the problem. If you poke around on the RIM site, you may find that it won't work. See the link below.

BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Outlook 2000 and Blackberry Curve won't sync - BlackBerry 8300 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Curve - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-23-09 05:39 PM
    Get a memory card if you don't have one or have filled the one you have. Make sure you are saving photos, music, ringtones to your memory card and not the device memory. BB will start deleting old data to try to free up more memory.

Upgrade to Outlook 2003 (per the link above) and that will sync ok. I also only have my one, original, email account in cical and my syncs work fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Irwin II; 04-23-09 at 08:00 PM.
    04-23-09 07:42 PM
    Hi All - I was able to fix the synching problem that I originally posted by deleting the Intellisych folder out my RIM folder. It worked like a charm. The Intellisych was recreated when I synched again. Another CB User posted the solution but it seems to have disappeared from the thread. Wish I could tell you the exact details, but I did it awhile ago and can't remember.
    05-23-09 11:34 PM
    Here's a kb article on how to delete the intellisync folder:

View Document
    08-20-09 10:45 AM
    I was having the same problems after upgrading to .169

Finally resolved the issue by Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books

Delete all you CICAL entries, then run the sync.. That should send all your calendar events back to Outlook
    08-23-09 05:55 PM
    I am considering buying the 8330 curve with my main objective to have the capability of synching my PC Outloook with my BB. After all of the issues I have read regarding the Calendar problems, is it even worth looking at to purchase?
    Your honest reply would be most excellent.
    09-13-09 09:20 AM
    I, actually, had the same problem, but what made mine annoying is the fact that my Outlook deleted past and FUTURE appointments; good thing it didn't do it on my phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 12:03 PM
    I had this problem, too...where my "synch" would result in a deletion of all my prior entries. Here are a couple of ideas:

First...click "re-synch" and it won't delete prior entries.

Second (and more permanent)...go to your device calendar; click "options" and "general options", and under "ACTIONS" there is an option to "Keep Appointments" for however long you want, 15, 30, 60, 90 days...or...FOREVER! If you click that, it will keep everything in the past.
    09-14-09 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD