I've hunted high and low for an answer, but to no avail. So I am bringing my question here, to this well-established forum.

The Story.

My company has some restrictions as to what apps can be installed on work laptops, but Blackberry Desktop Manager is listed as allowed. And so, I used said Desktop Manager to sync my Outlook Calendar with the calendar on my Curve. All seems well and good.

I set up no Blackberry Email when I first rec'd my Curve (about a month ago), content as I was to use the Gmail App. But before long, I figured that I might as well, particularly if I wanted to send photos, etc., given that the Gmail App seems to have no access to my local media. So I did.

Within an hour of setting up that Blackberry Email address, my Curve starts buzzing away with news of incoming messages. To those familiar with Outlook, these are the notification messages returned from recipients ("Accepted, Declined, Tentative"). And since the meetings of which I am a part have very long invite lists, I was getting email after email.

To make matters worse, when I got into work the next morning, I had emails in my Outlook Inbox from co-workers asking why I'd been sending them emails from [email protected].

Not having time to dive too far into how this all could happen, I deleted the Blackberry Email address before anything further happened.

I've found nothing about unwanted or automatic emails being generated from Outlook appointments that have been sync'd, but I know I can't be the only one. Also, I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explanation and possibly a way to avoid this should I decided to make a new Blackberry email.

So ... what happened?
    02-27-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD