My Curve 8310 will only hold 10 text/email messages at time!

It just started doing this yesterday. The "status" says that I have zero free memory!

I've only had this device for a couple of months, and I haven't added any applications (except OperaMini) since I've had it. I don't have any pictures, video or music stored on it. And, like I said, all my messages except the 10 most recent have been deleted (unless it's saving them somewhere that I don't know about...)

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? Is there something using up all of my memory that I'm not aware of?

(Forgive me if this is a stupid question - I'm still fairly new to Blackberry ownership...)
    03-17-09 07:10 PM
    Here are some tips. The link at the bottom is quite useful

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations)

4. Clear the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

5. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

6. Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it..

Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future.... After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-17-09 07:13 PM
    Ah, that helped... Thanks!

I hadn't thought of clearing the browser cache!

And, although I didn't think I had any extra apps running, I guess PTT runs all the time... I never use that, so I found a thread that tells how to take it off...

Thanks again!
    03-17-09 07:52 PM
    Just curious, what did your file free go up to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD