Ok so i'm trying to program the ringtone for when i'm receving calls, i put a song but when it rings it vibrates what am i doing wrong and what does out of holster and in holster mean
    Please help
    09-25-08 10:23 AM
    out of holster/in holster is what it means. when its in/out of the holster it will play as you have set. make sure you don't have it set just to vibrate only
    09-25-08 10:25 AM
    You can set it to do different thing while it is holstered and unholstered, like it can vibrate when out of holster and then ring while in the holster.
    09-25-08 10:25 AM
    you mean like in a case or out of a case
    09-25-08 10:28 AM
    and do i change this in the profiles menu
    09-25-08 10:29 AM
    yes you do change those in the profile settings just select which one you want to change and then go to advanced settings in the profiles
    09-25-08 10:30 AM
    you mean like in a case or out of a case
    The holster is a BlackBerry device. It has a magnet built into it that puts the BlackBerry to sleep when it's holstered. Because of this, there is provision for a seperate set of ringtones.

If you do not have one, and I guess you do not, then you need not worry about those settings.
    09-25-08 10:36 AM
    does it usually come with a holster installed already or do you install it separately and how would i know if my bb has it
    09-25-08 10:44 AM
    does it usually come with a holster installed already or do you install it separately and how would i know if my bb has it
    Mine came with a kind of a pouch. This is not a holster.

The holster started out as being belt mounted and when th ephone was clipped in, it went to sleep thus saving battery life.

Check the CrackBerry Store and the BlackBerry Accessories to find ou what the look like and what they cost.

If you can find a magnet (not a fridge magnet - not powerfull enough), hold it over the keyboard and watch the phone go into StandBy mode.
    09-25-08 10:50 AM
    09-25-08 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD