I can't figure out how to "turn on" the OTA on my curve so that i can receive stuff.

Please help!
    06-26-08 03:15 PM
    You can't "turn it on"
    OTA = Over The Air
    meaning you go to the website on your bb browser and click download. Hence OTA
    06-26-08 03:17 PM
    You need a data plan in order to DL and install OTA.

Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    06-26-08 03:17 PM
    ^^^ yea that too. Thanks bm
    06-26-08 03:20 PM
    i have a data plan. the problem i am having is that when i click the OTA link it comes up with the box to save or open the file on my computer.

soo.. if i want to send something to my phone from a website how do i do that OTA??
    06-26-08 03:30 PM
    You DON'T use you computer to download OTA. Thats why it's called OTA cuz your using your browser on your PHONE.
    So for example if you want to download a theme via OTA.
    1. go to the website using your BLACKBERRY BROWSER.
    2. Scoll through the site til you see the OTA link.
    3. click on the OTA link and it will download on your phone.

Now if you want to download the theme on your PC it must have the option to download a .zip file.
    06-26-08 03:36 PM
    OH and yes you have a data plan but make sure you have a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN.
    06-26-08 03:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

OTA downloads only work for specified program types. You should be able to Open the file and let it install.

Other things on the Internet can be saved by using Browser / Select Mode. You can select images or file links to save and you can select blocks of text and copy to the Clipboard.

Given a choice, I would rather use Applications Loader to install programs. In the event of a rebuild, all the needed files are readily available.
    06-26-08 03:42 PM
    thanks so much.

:]
    06-26-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD