I absolutely cannot download anything OTA I dont know if its my berry or what and its super frustrating. HELP
    02-03-09 03:10 PM
    Any more info you can shed on this. Like is it giving you an error message or what
    02-03-09 03:12 PM
    More info would be helpful. What are you trying to download? Are you getting an error when you try?
    02-03-09 03:13 PM
    And what file type are you tryikng to download OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 03:17 PM
    Make sure you have your browser set to Internet browser.

Browser > Menu > Options > General Properties > Default Browser = Internet Browser.

And Emulation Mode set to Blackberry.

Browser > Menu > Option > Browser Configuration > Emulation Mode = Blackberry.

You can't download OTA with any other settings.
    02-03-09 03:25 PM
    Im downloading a theme. No Im not getting an error message it goes through the normal process I get the link in my email I follow the link then it carries me to the download page where I click download. After it downloads, it says installed successfully,sometimes it asks me to reboot and sometimes not. After that I go to locate my theme under options,theme and nothing. However its under applications and when I click I only get the properties of the theme nothing else. Its also located in DM but I cant do anything with it at all.

BB stats

OS 4.3
    tmobile
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    Then you are getting the OTA, but it sounds like it might not be installing properly. Are you sure you're getting a theme that's compatible with your model and OS?

What theme are you trying to install? Could be someone else has had issues with the same one and can shed some light.
    02-03-09 03:33 PM
    Yea I asked other people who downloaded the theme and they carried me through step by step but somehow it just keeps doing that.
    02-03-09 03:36 PM
    Have you deleted any of the carrier themes. When I did the whole memory thing I got rid of all but the zen theme on my curve and that wouldn't let me properly install anything but a zen theme
    02-03-09 03:37 PM
    umm the only themes I have is the necessary Zen and Tmobile nothing else
    02-03-09 03:39 PM
    so you dont have the today theme
    what style of theme are you trying to download
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    No I dont have the today theme. Forgive me Im really new at some names but the style is like the tmobile with only icons on the bottom on the standby screen.
    02-03-09 03:44 PM
    Make sure it is compatible to your OS.

02-03-09 03:45 PM
    the theme you are trying to download is with the icons at the bottom?
    Its no problem, some third party themes rely on the ones that come preloaded. This maybe what is causing the issue.
    If this isn't working try doing what wnm posted about changing for browser settings
    02-03-09 03:47 PM
    I checked that. Umm can anybody give me a website to download OTA for the 8230 OS 4.3 so I can see if its really my berry?
    02-03-09 03:48 PM
    02-03-09 03:50 PM
    Thanks for all who helped. For those who may have or may have had the same problem I did, you apparently must have all preloaded themes installed to get a proper installation for 3rd party themes.
    02-04-09 06:31 AM
    I think what you actually need is the preloaded theme type for the theme you want to install. BB Dimension L for L themes, Today for today themes, etc. Can someone confirm this?
    02-04-09 08:49 AM
    Yes that is correct. You need the preloaded dimension themes inorder for custom themes to work.

02-04-09 10:24 AM
    Oooh ok thanks because I had all the themes stacked up there obviously taking up a **** of a lot of memory. Can anyone tell me which BB Dimension theme has only a bottom dock? Because the only that seems to have that on my phone is Tmobile Zen
    02-05-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD