im wondering if at&t has come out with an upgrade to 4.5 yet so i can take my curve in and have it upgraded. Or can just upgrade it using one of the links on the forums. im a newbie so???
    08-26-08 01:36 PM
    No North American carrier has officially released OS 4.5, and if you are a newbie, I don't recommend upgrading until there is an official release by your carrier.
    08-26-08 01:41 PM
    sunkast is right, you should not upgrade until your carrier releases the OS for your phone. Many people, me included have had serious problems with the beta versions. My phone randomly re-booted whilst running OS 4.5.0.52

Also I think that you should read an learn more about the whole process before you try this. OS upgrading is not totally risk free and some people have managed to brick their phones during this process.
    08-26-08 01:48 PM
    I agree with Sunkast as waiting for At&t to release their version to upgrade. If you try and load a non carrier approved OS, you will not get any customer service help from At&t if install goes bad. In the meantime, its good to start doing some research on how to upgrade your OS. BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    08-26-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD