Hello All,
    I spoke w/ Verizon re: a BB Curve I have had for approx. one month. They shared they only support version 4.3 and if I tried changing to a higher level, it would not be supported and may void the warranty of the phone if it become unstable ect.

What is the 'real' story here? Can I safely upgrade to version 4.5 and make it work? If I do so, do I have to delete the current version from my PC and then re-install 4.5?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    10-30-08 07:26 AM
    You can safely do so yes, but they are right, they do not have that version released yet for verizon, you can get the unoffical version, keeping in mind the whole warranty thing but you can always downgrade again.

And yes, you download the wanted OS to your computer, there are stickys around to help you out if thats the route you want to take.
    10-30-08 07:28 AM
    They do support it, not through VZW or another carrier though. You can dl it direct through the blackberry website and you're fine. Verizon hasn't finished their "testing" so they don't have it as "official" per their site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 07:45 PM
    Both are correct. I expect VZW to release 4.5 for the curve after the release of the upcoming Storm though, so I'm waiting.
    10-30-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD