Due to a recent PRL issue and attempting to work with Alltel and find out why 40048 does not work in at least one of my roaming areas (where an older PRL worked before), it was suggested I update my OS. I was running 4.5.0.89 and all was well�except for this latest PRL. I updated to the official Alltel version (since they are currently attempting to fix the roaming issue), 4.5.0.127, backing up my BB including 3rd party apps before the update. The upgrade was successful�except my Calendar on my Today theme was blank, no entries. QuickPull put the entries back. My CB launcher reverted back to the WAP Index and I set it back to WAP Forums�no big deal. I had to re-register and reset my BBWeather and re-register WSJ. I had to redefine my options for Empower Pro email viewer. I had to reset my Profiles. I am sure there were some other minor adjustments but the most annoying thing was Slacker. I had to re-register and then re-cache my stations, all 20 of them. I guess I shouldn�t complain given the fact Slacker is free.

My questions are: Is there a way to update your OS and not have to go through your whole phone and see what works and what doesn�t? I thought I followed the process perfectly but something went awry. Could my Curve 8900 Today Plus theme have been the culprit? Should I have switched back to an Alltel theme for the update?

By the way, I never had speakerphone blast and still don�t. The only negative I have found so far with this OS is that when I hit the trackball to light up my screen, there seems to be a bit of lag. On the plus side, I gained about 4.5xx.xxx bytes of file free and GPS works (contrary to others who have tried this OS).
    04-20-09 05:45 PM
    The only thing I have to do after an update is re-register my 3rd party apps and set them up again, same with my weather app, my profiles and settings stayed the same due to the restore at the end of the update.
    04-20-09 06:51 PM
    Same as rachel here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD