Since I seem to get more answers here....What is the newest version for Tmobile? My phone has 4.5.0.124 and Tmobile has 4.5.0.81...what is the difference between these two and which is the most current? Any problems with the current one? Which is the best? And then I have Desktop Manager on my computer from the CD but Tmobile told me it had 4.6.0.14...so I downloaded that one is that the most current for the DM with Tmobile..what's the difference with those two?
    02-27-09 12:29 AM
    Your OS is the newest of the two you mentioned. The DM you have if it is 4.6 is best suited for your Curve. There is a 4.7 Desktop Manager but you dont want that one. Its more suited for the newer phones like the Bold and Storm.. If your OS is running fine, there is no problem . It seems like a very stable OS. You are all set....

Welcome to CrackBerry, if you feel like learning a little more take a look at the first link in my sig.
    02-27-09 12:37 AM
    i'm about to ditch the .81 that tmo has.. it's been really unstable for me. that's just me though.
    02-27-09 12:58 AM
    4.5.0.124 is the newest OS for your device. It runs faster than .81 in my opinion. Also frees up a little more memory too. Use DM 4.6 without media manager and you will be fine. Deffinetly check into the link in Trem's sig....good reading there.
    Ucsdgirl04, If your going to do the upgrade follow the instructions in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure. Get the OS from the sticky at the top of this forum.
    02-27-09 06:28 AM
    The "official" TMO OS .81 is a hunk of junk. I was using .81 from another carrier and then switch to TMO's when the official OS 4.5 was released by RIM. Go all kinds of memory leaks and app conflicts. The .124 is the best OS i've used.
    02-27-09 07:38 AM
    Lol wnm....pretty plain right there. I also noticed that when I upgraded to the .124 it seemed to fix the uma handoff issue too.
    02-27-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD