Hi, all. I'm following the manual procedure to remove PTT as described in several threads such as "how-uninstall-push-talk-82057" Works great. But the next time I use Desktop Manager to add or remove an application it reloads the whole suite of device software as well. This is a pain because I have to re-register all my apps and do a bunch of other housekeeping but it also brings PTT back.

Any idea what is causing this? I am using DM 5.0.1
    01-06-10 12:55 PM
    you dont have to use the DM To add and remove apps though you can do that from the phone itself and using the OTAs to add them.

The only time I ever used DM to add a program was when I couldn't get UNO to load via OTA and even then I just unclicked all the crap I didn't want to reload back onto the phone.
    01-06-10 01:07 PM
    I believe it is a service book. Anytime your device is restarted or configured(add/remove apps) service books are pushed to your device. If this is the case, you will always have to delete it. My question is why do you wish to remove ptt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 01:10 PM
    In my opinion PTT is a waste of space on my phone. I have yet to come across anyone that uses it and it was always annoying in that it would bring it up even without me hitting any buttons.
    01-06-10 01:13 PM
    you dont have to use the DM To add and remove apps though you can do that from the phone itself and using the OTAs to add them.
    True, and thanks for the comment. But some vendors limit the number of OTA reloads or, like Dataviz, asks you to buy "reload insurance" if you want to re-download more than x months after purchase. So I prefer to keep all my reload images on my PC where I can be responsible for my own backups, and reload via DM. Make sense?

BTW you are right, PTT uses up space, and it's not even media card space. And it's always running which must have some effect on response.
    01-06-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD