Okay...I just got my blackberry on Monday and I am a complete novice in the smartphone category. Can someone please explain to me about the OS? Meaning I am looking to download some themes but they all say not to download without the OS being at least a certain version. So A) how do I find out my version, B) if I don't have the correct version how do I go about getting the correct version, and C) am I correct in assuming that there is a charge for the upgraded OS?
    08-06-08 12:49 PM
    a) Options > About

b) Look in my signature and it has a link for the latest versions

c) No. You should never pay for a BB OS!!

Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I would advise not upgrading the OS until you are completelt comfortable with your device, the upgrade process and the process you might have to take if something takes a turn for the worse!
    08-06-08 12:55 PM
    the best place for you to get the newest official OS that's approved by your carrier for your phone is on the AT&T Blackberry site. If you're not familiar with the phone or the OS's then you should definitely not try and upgrade to OS 4.5 which has not yet been approved by AT&T. Here is the AT&T BB site: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    08-06-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD