Hi guys

Borrowed my friends Curve 8310 and he said I could try to get OS 5.0 on it. What's the best route to do this (if any?)

I noticed on here as a sticky that the latest release is 4.5...does that mean there's no 5.0 for the 8310's?

I'm a BB noob so I guess I should backup this OS first in case the device gets messed up or bricked?!

Thanks!
    Elliott
    Last edited by ElliottG; 01-25-11 at 09:02 PM.
    01-25-11 07:51 PM
    I would install the official .438

and from there play with a hybrid here and there.

first get used to the feel of os5.

good luck!
    01-25-11 08:16 PM
    I would install the official .438

and from there play with a hybrid here and there.

first get used to the feel of os5.

good luck!
    Thanks but ugghhh I just checked the phone and it says it's an 8310 not an 8330 Is there still a 5.0 OS for 8310's?

I read about one hybrid here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/83...ion-2-a-540951

What do you think?

On a side note—I just activated my first SIM card and changed the phone over on my account. When I start the phone, you can tell it's connected to the Bell server but after a few seconds it cuts and goes to SOS only. If I go to Manage connections->Services status->Mobile Network->Mobile Network Options

It shows Mobile Network: Bell

It also shows Mobile Network Provider: Rogers (this is an ex-Rogers phone that has been unlocked...normal?)

If I go and change it from Automatic to Manual and search for providers, it finds Bell, I select it as a carrier and it says "Network selected. Only emergency service is available."

WHY??

And just plugged in the phone to the Blackberry Desktop Manager...it asked to update the phone, I let it, and now it's giving me the JVM Error 513...how do I fix it?
    Last edited by ElliottG; 01-26-11 at 12:02 AM.
    01-25-11 09:02 PM
    Yes only the 8330 has an OS 5 build available.
    OS 5 is larger than the total available memory on an 8310.

Do upgrade to 4.5 though.
    And there may indeed be a Hybrid OS out there for an 8310 that uses 5.0 files.
    01-26-11 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD