Brand new to the BB world. Just bought a new Sprint 8330 off of ebay and using this forum I identified the OS. It is 4.3.0.127, with Platform 3.1.0.73, whatever that means. I did some searching in the forums but thought I would ask the pro's. How old is this OS and how many upgrades has there been since this one. I am loving the phone as it is since this is all new to me. I am sure I will want to upgrade sometime soon. Thanks
    01-28-10 06:35 PM
    That version is quite old. You probably should update to version 4.5. You will find the latest version for your device stickied at the top of this Curve forum section.

However, if you are brand new to BlackBerry, spend some time getting to know your BlackBerry and how it works before you delve into updating the device OS.
    01-28-10 07:08 PM
    It's about a year old or so. Current Sprint official OS is .175. There are newer official RIM OSes that can be used, usually stickied to the top of the 83XX forum. You'll need to upgrade to a newer version if you want to use BBM 5.0.

For reference, your Curve is an ESN model, commonly called an 8330e. The newer version uses a dfferent identifier, an MEiD, and is called an 8330m. Sprint Curves didn't support MMS until .131, so keep that in mind. Also, when you are ready to select an OS, make sure you have the right one, as the e and m models, though they may have the same version numbers, aren't interchangeable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-28-10 at 07:48 PM.
    01-28-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD