One thing I noticed is that if you send a text and it "fails" to send, with 4.5 it will attempt to "re-send" until it goes through. Kinda cool....
    Yup. I can SMS to any one. Sprint will receive my MMS but not TMobile.

yeah scrap the bunk Beta and wait for Verizon to release the official one on THEIR site. Very simple...........
    I think this is the best thing to do.

it does seem a lot slower.... i am honestly considering just going back to 4.3
    I had no issues with speed. I will be reverting back because of the MMS issue.
    06-26-08 10:44 AM
    when i downloaded the new os and put it on my curve, i went to change the theme back to what i had and i got an app errpr 523 or something and had only an option to reset. thats all it did. had to go to Verizon Store and get a replacement. after 2 hours, they said it had a VIRUS and couldnt fix it. im afraid to try it again. and i got it from rapidshare
    I've warned Verizon customers NOT TO DOWNLOAD unofficial 4.5's from other carriers/websites several times already........

This is my last post on this subject. You can only tell people so many times "Don't cross the street your going to get hit" before you throw your hands up and give up. Always amazes me the stupidity that people exhibit when disregrading the tons of info thats out there then post about how this doesn't work or that doesn't work, I need help etc etc.....christ I say enough is enough let the process of natural selection takes it's course and weed out the dumb. If you download OS 4.5 from any other site other than VZW consider yourself forewarned. Deal with the consequences.............
    06-26-08 11:16 AM
    I've warned Verizon customers NOT TO DOWNLOAD unofficial 4.5's from other carriers/websites several times already........

This is my last post on this subject. You can only tell people so many times "Don't cross the street your going to get hit" before you throw your hands up and give up. Always amazes me the stupidity that people exhibit when disregrading the tons of info thats out there then post about how this doesn't work or that doesn't work, I need help etc etc.....christ I say enough is enough let the process of natural selection takes it's course and weed out the dumb. If you download OS 4.5 from any other site other than VZW consider yourself forewarned. Deal with the consequences.............
    that sure was nice of you ....
    06-26-08 11:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong (won't be the first time nor the last) but the entire concept of a "BETA" is to field test the application. The people who download the BETA are real world users. This is an invaluable process for RIM (and any other companny who deals with this sort of development). I do agree that you download and install at your own risk but I for one would rather have these problems identified prior to the "official" release of the product.

Enough isn't ever enough. I prefer to stive for perfection rather than adequacy.
    06-26-08 12:13 PM
    Yes you can warn all you want. but those people are just reading a screen, not much of a threat......

They will get info and do with it as the see fit.... So be it.. can't blame you or anyone.........
    06-26-08 12:16 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong (won't be the first time nor the last) but the entire concept of a "BETA" is to field test the application. The people who download the BETA are real world users. This is an invaluable process for RIM (and any other companny who deals with this sort of development). I do agree that you download and install at your own risk but I for one would rather have these problems identified prior to the "official" release of the product.

Enough isn't ever enough. I prefer to stive for perfection rather than adequacy.
    No arguement there. But let's clarify something. The sheer mass amount of info is already out there about this beta. Do people really believe that somehow they are exempt from the already long list of problems? Let's be realistic here. I don't have to bullet point all the issues. A simple search will yield a huge amount of information and problems.

Its just amazing to read all the new posts about memory leaks to errors and everything in between like they are surprised it is happening. Its ridiculous already. I'm surprised I haven't come across any recent posts from some of these people if we all knew that the World Trade Center was attacked by planes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 02:50 PM
    ok but this is the thing. if NO one does the beta then how are you supposed to find the things that are out there when you research it? you don't.
    06-26-08 02:54 PM
    ok but this is the thing. if NO one does the beta then how are you supposed to find the things that are out there when you research it? you don't.
    did you bother reading the post? obviously not with a question like that.............
    06-26-08 04:23 PM
    did you bother reading the post? obviously not with a question like that.............
    Yes I did.
    Chill.
    06-26-08 05:18 PM
    I downloaded and installed 4.3.0.33 yesterday and after a full day of use I am going back to 4.3.. I do like the new features in the media player such as setting the music type and the BBM add contact feature is much improved. The browser and search is much tighter but without HTML email being enabled on the BIS I dont really need to use a Buggy OS to get the features I use daily.

Only real issue I have found is that I can not open attachments in Email other then pics, xls and docs will not open and there isnt a way to save them and use docs to go and open...

I think we were spoiled already by having 4.3 installed and this doesnt represent a big enough leap as of yet for me..
    06-27-08 07:25 AM
    Dude. Umm, bad day?
    06-27-08 07:44 AM
    I have the OS 4.5.0.33 loaded on my Verizon 8330, there seems to be a few bugs with the internet browser, the cursor won't click inside of text boxes once you move the arrow outside of the box. Especially on google. The built-in web seach is pretty cool though.
    06-30-08 12:28 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD