I'm wondering whether or not to upgrade to OS 4.5. I currently have 4.3 on my 8330, and US Cellular tech support told me they don't support the upgrade. I can't afford to have my phone out of commission for days and feel a little uneasy about attempting the upgrade anyway since some people have had glitches. Has anyone with an 8330 and US Cellular tried it?
    09-02-08 03:24 PM
    if you don't feel comfortable, don't upgrade....
    09-02-08 03:25 PM
    I'm wondering whether or not to upgrade to OS 4.5. I currently have 4.3 on my 8330, and US Cellular tech support told me they don't support the upgrade. I can't afford to have my phone out of commission for days and feel a little uneasy about attempting the upgrade anyway since some people have had glitches. Has anyone with an 8330 and US Cellular tried it?
    I upgraded mine...they don't support it because they don't ship it that way. They will support if and when an official release comes out. Download the 4.3 from their website (US Cellular) to use in case you don't want the 4.5 you can go right back down. As far as glitches, I'm getting used to manually getting html images even though i tell it to do so automatically, and I'm really coming to grips with using Brick breaker with no sound.
    09-02-08 03:34 PM
    The US Cellular website doesn't have a download for OS 4.5 yet as far as I can tell.
    09-02-08 03:40 PM
    The US Cellular website doesn't have a download for OS 4.5 yet as far as I can tell.

Right...download the 4.3 so you can downgrade if you need/want to.
    09-02-08 03:42 PM
    I upgraded mine with no major problems. Html emal works fine on mine but I am annoyed at the delay between hitting the button to answer a call and it actually connecting. It's just longer than 4.3. Other than that go for it if ya want! Just remember to delete vendor.xml haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD