Hey Everyone,

I see the stickies, I see the links, I click on the links to download ver 4.5xx but when I click on my device (which is the curve 8330, I get this:

Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.199 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.3.0.199
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.3.0.124
    * Software Platform: 3.1.0.71
    * File name: 8330uEFS_PBr4.3.0_rel199_PL3.1.0.71_A4.3.0.124_USC C.exe
    * File size: 97.34MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Can someone please tell me why all the links to the 4.5 version takes me to the blackberry site with US Cellular, I click on the device and not see the version that I expect?

I am aware about the process to download and install it and about deleting the vendor file, what I would like is the version itself. I already have 4.3, I don't need it again.

other question?
    Is there a standalone address book software that i can download to my desktop to use instead of outlook 2003? Outlook does not show any contact that does not have an email address associated with it. I have the contact saved, but I can't find the contact under search or anything unless they have an email addy listed. I checked all the settings and there is nothing that I can turn on to display the contacts of whom I only have a phone number.

any suggestions would be helpful before I pull out all of my wonderful hair...

thanks a bunch

leftpaw
    09-10-08 09:35 PM
    Finally i am not the only one. I have checked those links everyday for a week. when you click on them they go to 4.3 when the curve 8330 smartphone is selected. the is a dm 4.5 available but not a os 4.5
    09-10-08 10:01 PM
    If you are looking on your carriers site in the US it's not going to be 4.5. Look at the stickies and follow the directions 100%. They tell you where to get the proper link which right now is MTS mobile.
    09-11-08 12:19 AM
    I thought MTS Mobile Pulled 4.5?
    09-11-08 06:12 AM
    They did, US Cellular may have done the same. I downloaded 4.5.0.77 from a non-RIM link.
    09-11-08 07:09 AM
    If you are looking for v4.5.0.66 or v4.5.0.77 PIN me.

v4.5.0.66 is official US Cellular.

v4.5.0.77 is a beta.
    Last edited by blackngray70; 09-11-08 at 04:31 PM.
    09-11-08 07:19 AM
    Can someone please tell me why all the links to the 4.5 version takes me to the blackberry site with US Cellular, I click on the device and not see the version that I expect?

I am aware about the process to download and install it and about deleting the vendor file, what I would like is the version itself. I already have 4.3, I don't need it again.

other question?
    Is there a standalone address book software that i can download to my desktop to use instead of outlook 2003? Outlook does not show any contact that does not have an email address associated with it. I have the contact saved, but I can't find the contact under search or anything unless they have an email addy listed. I checked all the settings and there is nothing that I can turn on to display the contacts of whom I only have a phone number.

any suggestions would be helpful before I pull out all of my wonderful hair...

thanks a bunch

leftpaw
    Normally, if a site doesnt have the OS you want, you have to go elsewhere for it. Most sites are only going to have the one they support; which probably isnt the one you want.

I cant answer anything about a standalone address book.
    09-11-08 07:36 AM
    I found a copy of 4.5.0.77, downloaded it, wiped my BB clean, deleted the vendor.xml file installed the new os and all seems to be well. I had to download it from a non rim site.
    09-11-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD