Since upgrading to OS 4.5 many of my BlackBerry launchers have stopped working. I deleted 'em all and reinstalled, same results.

Those that still work are CB, Weather Channel, Fox News, and Fox News Alerts.

Those that fail are ESPN, CNN, USAToday, Washington Post, NY Times, CNBC. Many of these but not all are "Powered by Crisp Wireless Inc." OS 4.5 gives the option to "Run" after installing; when I select that, I get "Uncaught exception - no application instance," which sounds like the app didn't actually install. I've messed around with permissions and firewall settings to no avail.

When I try to execute, the browser attempts to open but only opens to a Verizon splash screen and times out (instead of the familiar BlackBerry logo when it's working).

Here's a snippet from the log file entry when I try to open the ESPN launcher. Wonder if it means anything to anyone.
    --------------------
    Name: System
    GUID: 97c9f5f641d25e5f
    Time: Feb 27, 2009 21:06:29
    CMM: ESPNMobileWeb(5356) no sig from 0x33
    --------------------

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 08:27 PM
    You know I don't remember if I had these before or after I upgraded my OS but I have Fox News, Cnn & ESPN to name a few but I haven't had any problems with them. I wish I could give you some constructive help but I can tell you good luck I'm sure someone will pitch in.
    02-27-09 08:32 PM
    Update: I've talked to others who report no problems, emailed tech support for several of the vendors, and all report no problems with 4.5. Must be some small residual of doing an in-place upgrade. No biggie, will keep chasing it when I have opportunity.

03-03-09 07:46 AM
    Anyone know how to create custom launchers, or short cuts?

it would be helpful to have the ability to do this.

03-03-09 08:47 AM
    same prob - searching like heck
    04-08-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD