Ever since I installed OS 4.5, my BB keyboard is locked when it restarts. It did not happen before the upgrade. Anyone else notice this happening, and is there a way to stop it?
    07-13-08 12:44 AM
    Try backing up your berry and then wiping it with JL_CMDER.

Ensure you Optimize your BB as well.
    07-13-08 12:47 AM
    Have you tried pulling the battery for 30 seconds and then replacing it?
    07-13-08 12:48 AM
    Try backing up your berry and then wiping it with JL_CMDER.

Ensure you Optimize your BB as well.
    Not sure I understand what happens here. Can you explain further?
    07-13-08 12:52 AM
    Have you tried pulling the battery for 30 seconds and then replacing it?
    Well I've done that since upgrading, and it hasn't made a difference. My impression is that this is a new feature, but am wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

Also, twice now in the last month when my BB restarted, on an automatic restart, I couldn't get it to work after I disconnected it from the charger; it locked up, and the green light was solid, requiring me to reset the device. Any thoughts as to why this has happened?
    07-13-08 12:56 AM
    Here is a novel idea. Uninstall the Beta and rollback
    to the last OS that worked PROPERLY
    07-13-08 12:56 AM
    Here is a novel idea. Uninstall the Beta and rollback
    to the last OS that worked PROPERLY
    You're assuming that the automatic key lock is unintended. Is it? Moreover, it's a minor inconvenience when weighed against the benefits of OS 4.5.
    07-13-08 12:59 AM
    You're assuming that the automatic key lock is unintended. Is it? Moreover, it's a minor inconvenience when weighed against the benefits of OS 4.5.
    No, I am not making an assumption at all. I went through it, which is
    why I am back down to 4.2

I do not accept inconveniences on my phone, be them major or minor.
    If it worked in the old OS, I expect it to work in the new. The benefits
    are irrelevant if your BB does not work properly.
    07-13-08 01:04 AM
    Well I've done that since upgrading, and it hasn't made a difference. My impression is that this is a new feature, but am wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

Also, twice now in the last month when my BB restarted, on an automatic restart, I couldn't get it to work after I disconnected it from the charger; it locked up, and the green light was solid, requiring me to reset the device. Any thoughts as to why this has happened?
    yeah i had it on OS 4.5.0.46? then I turned it off when ?I moved to .52 an its back on again and I have nooo clue why when I turned it off to begin with. Haha.
    oh well, makes my berry extra secure
    07-13-08 04:53 AM
    Ever since I installed OS 4.5, my BB keyboard is locked when it restarts. It did not happen before the upgrade. Anyone else notice this happening, and is there a way to stop it?
    Autolock ON setting after an OS upgrade seems to be the default with any of the 4.5 versions. Just go to Options/Autolock and select Disable.
    07-13-08 05:00 AM
    Autolock ON setting after an OS upgrade seems to be the default with any of the 4.5 versions. Just go to Options/Autolock and select Disable.
    Ernie is correct. This is NOT a feature with the new OS though.
    07-13-08 06:31 AM
    My version has no Options/Autolock. Unless I'm missing it? I've looked everywhere.
    07-13-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD