Hello All,

First off I'd like to than k all those who take time to answer our questions, your advise and wisdom is appreciated.

After following everyones help installing a varient of 4.5 on my BB 8310, I have to say it's awesome I love it. However While I'm trying to use the Desktop manager to do Backups I'm now seeing an "Unknown Error" which halts the Backup. The Backup originally worked. I'm using 4.5.0.15... I can do an advanced backup so I can backup all of the modules except for "Location Based Services"
    My questions are:
    1: Can I reinstall the same OS over the top of it's self with out causing more problems??? Maybe I left sometihing out the first time around.
    2:Is there away to restore individual "Modules" and not the whole backup? I'd like to try restoring the "Location Based Services." module...

Thanks again in advance!
    -Jeff
    08-06-08 03:22 PM
    I had a similar error and experimented with Advanced restore. You can select individual data bases during the restore.

Forcing a full re-install is complicated. CrackMem gives you the option. That will leave you with a fresh build and no data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 05:27 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 05:28 PM
    Thank You for the input. I missed the option for "Advanced Restore" I'll try that this evening!
    08-07-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD