hello everyone i have a 8330 with verizon and im about to install the OS 4.5.0.51 from the OS 4.3.0.127. i need to know if this would be a bad idea or if it will not be compatable with my phone. i need DataViz Documents to go on my BB and it will only run on OS 4.5. any suggestions or reccomendations are more than welcome. i just dont want to screw my phone up.
    07-18-08 02:00 PM
    If you are new to the BB, BAD IDEA. Get to know the
    way your phone works first. You'll be better off when you decide to
    take the plunge.

If you are not new, and comfortable with the upgrade
    process, go for it. BACKUP first and proceed at
    your own risk.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-18-08 at 02:29 PM.
    07-18-08 02:13 PM
    I have the OS you are mentioning (.51) and there are no problems....well no major problems that I think are worth noting at the moment. It is a beta, so there are a few glitches (like my maps do not work for some reason), but overall I am very pleased so far.
    07-18-08 02:24 PM
    Don't do it BAD idea. The betas on the Verizon 8330 are bunk. Stick wirth 4.3 its a stable and good OS with no issues. Pros of 4.3 definetly outweigh moving to 4.5 right now. Wait for official release you'll thank yourself later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 02:27 PM
    Ok, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but when you(caster troy) start classifying ALL the VZW betas as "bunk" that's where you get into mis-information. I understand it might not be great on your device, but this kind of thinf is device specific. It might run perfect on his device. If it doesn't he can always downgrade. Considering he needs Dataviz, he should try it. Especially considering 90% of members who have tried it have had little to no problems.
    I know he asked if it was as bad idea or not, but saying that the beta is "bunk" or whatever just isn't true. "It didn't work to well on my device" is more in line with the truth. As you can see, one poster said it was damn near perfect. So choose your words a little more careful next time maybe.

07-18-08 02:34 PM
    i called BB direct and Tier 3 advanced tech with Verizon and they both said ther are no problems with the new software update and no problems that are known and is compatable.
    07-18-08 02:42 PM
    Using the 4.5 beta on the Verizon phone is a bad idea. I said the VZW beta which would be misinformation. I do stand by my original post.

07-18-08 02:43 PM
    be prepared to get about HALF of your regular battery life. you will sometimes be recharging twice a day instead of once..
    07-18-08 03:27 PM
    i just finished updating to the OS 5.4.0.51 and everything was perfect on it. no problems or trouble what so ever. all the applications i had installed before work great. some new add ons in the options menu like the wireless upgrade and some other minor things. no crashing, or aything like that. im confident that i wont have any problems and im sure the Documents to Go will work great on it.
    07-18-08 04:13 PM
    Good deal. Most people haven't had a problem with that OS. I'm glad everythings working fine.
    07-18-08 04:16 PM
    some say battery life sucks. ive been using the phone very heavily for a while and its still at 95%
    07-18-08 04:26 PM
    i called BB direct and Tier 3 advanced tech with Verizon and they both said ther are no problems with the new software update and no problems that are known and is compatable.
    what a load of sh_it......spread your bs elsewhere. This post pretty much negates the rest of the crap you posted about the upgrade.............
    07-18-08 04:36 PM
    Hello Crucial,

I wanted to ask about the VWZ upgrade. I have read the posts here. My question and only concern for now is this: Is the VWZ 4.5 -or- .51 upgrade the same as all the others... delete the vendor file and everything is peachy keen?

I would like to get the 4.5, but maybe would wait for the AT&T version, but there is no difference in any of the upgrades (non beta)... right?

I guess what I am asking is if I use this version that is mentioned will it be the exact same version as the AT&T when released?

msblueline

Ok, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but when you(caster troy) start classifying ALL the VZW betas as "bunk" that's where you get into mis-information. I understand it might not be great on your device, but this kind of thinf is device specific. It might run perfect on his device. If it doesn't he can always downgrade. Considering he needs Dataviz, he should try it. Especially considering 90% of members who have tried it have had little to no problems.
    I know he asked if it was as bad idea or not, but saying that the beta is "bunk" or whatever just isn't true. "It didn't work to well on my device" is more in line with the truth. As you can see, one poster said it was damn near perfect. So choose your words a little more careful next time maybe.

07-18-08 04:40 PM
    hello everyone i have a 8330 with verizon and im about to install the OS 4.5.0.51 from the OS 4.3.0.127. i need to know if this would be a bad idea or if it will not be compatable with my phone. i need DataViz Documents to go on my BB and it will only run on OS 4.5. any suggestions or reccomendations are more than welcome. i just dont want to screw my phone up.
    Go look in the Beta OS 4.5 Forum for much, much, much better information. Some of the stuff I'm reading in this forum is garbage. I'm running it on Alltel, and after some initial problems (which turned out to be Alltel network issues and nothing to do with the OS) the .51 beta is perfect. I have had ZERO problems. Battery life is not compromised at all...
    07-18-08 04:41 PM
    Hello Crucial,

I wanted to ask about the VWZ upgrade. I have read the posts here. My question and only concern for now is this: Is the VWZ 4.5 -or- .51 upgrade the same as all the others... delete the vendor file and everything is peachy keen?

I would like to get the 4.5, but maybe would wait for the AT&T version, but there is no difference in any of the upgrades (non beta)... right?

I guess what I am asking is if I use this version that is mentioned will it be the exact same version as the AT&T when released?

msblueline
    You can't use the Verizon version. Verizon = CDMA, AT&T = GSM. Totally different OS versions...
    07-18-08 04:42 PM
    Oh yea... Duh!

For some reason I recall reading that somewhere.... maybe on this forum... Brain fart!

thanks

msblueline

You can't use the Verizon version. Verizon = CDMA, AT&T = GSM. Totally different OS versions...
    07-18-08 04:46 PM
    Go look in the Beta OS 4.5 Forum for much, much, much better information. Some of the stuff I'm reading in this forum is garbage. I'm running it on Alltel, and after some initial problems (which turned out to be Alltel network issues and nothing to do with the OS) the .51 beta is perfect. I have had ZERO problems. Battery life is not compromised at all...
    just a fyi maybe the battery life is not compromised on your but there are numerous people that has noticed a difference so dont speak for everyone when you say battery life is not compromised.
    07-18-08 04:49 PM
    I was wanting this exact question but what's up with these opposing directions here! Castor Troy, did you try this beta?! Samrassam, did you really talk to a BB tech?! I was going to try to go from OS 4.3.0.127 to 4.5.0.51 tonight!
    07-18-08 04:49 PM
    I was wanting this exact question but what's up with these opposing directions here! Castor Troy, did you try this beta?! Samrassam, did you really talk to a BB tech?! I was going to try to go from OS 4.3.0.127 to 4.5.0.51 tonight!
    yes sir on 4 different 8330 VERIZON devices. ALL 4 VERIZON devices did not like the OS. 1 VERIZON 8330 had to be wiped and the other 3 VERIZON 8330's had various other annoying issues. I'm not going to get into the whole list of issues with the VERIZON 8330's because it's already out there. I will only say that there is a VERY high probobility that the beta will perform VERY poorly on your VERIZON 8330. 4.3 for VZW customers is the way to go until the official release (I am NOT talking about other non specific carriers. I am specifically addressing VZW customers ONLY since this is what the post is about.) If you want to "downgrade" to 4.5 on your VERIZON 8330 go for it. Enjoy..................

THIS POST APPLIES TO VERIZON CUSTOMERS USING THE 8330 CURVE ONLY. Forgot to mention that. (hopefully all will interpret the sarcasm)

**forgot to mention dave. Sam is full of sh_it. Don't let him fool you by throwing around fancy titles (Tier 3 tech support.) They DO NOT support betas AT ALL...EVER. Dead give away this fool is a bullsh_itter**
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 07-18-08 at 05:26 PM.
    07-18-08 05:05 PM
    yea i called BB tech support and they also transfered me to BB verizon tech n both gave the same answer. no compatability problems or issues were brought up or anything
    07-18-08 05:09 PM
    i never said i was bullsh**ting bout the level of tech with verizon caster troy. thats what the BB rep told me and so i went with it so you need to chill the **** out. i dont keep up with the tiers i just call and ask about whatever i wanna ask about. tahts up to them if they wanna make up stuff. and going from 4.3 to 4.5 is not a downgrade how is that a downgrade. the Bold is going to have OS 4.5 and of course that phone is going to have software thats more updated. i dont think i down graded. documents to go does not work on 4.3 only 4.5 verisons and therefore i think is an UPGRADE
    07-18-08 05:55 PM
    also, on the 4.3 i was never able to live stream Youtube videos from the website. after the OS 4.5 i was able to livestream it.
    07-18-08 05:59 PM
    Bold has 4.6

The CDMA OS is 4.5.51

Troy we get it you don't like 4.5 relax man

I love 4.5.51 not a huge up from 4.3 but the small things that annoyed me about 4.3 have been changed with 4.5

07-18-08 06:01 PM
    oh ok so 4.6 for the Bold. again its going from 4.3, to 4.5, to 4.6. therefore its an upgrade. if the OS 4.5 was that bad like you state caster troy, i would've encountered them by now. and its been almost couple hours.
    07-18-08 06:04 PM

Troy we get it you don't like 4.5 relax man

Posted from my butthole at wapforums.crackberry.com
    speechless........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........
    07-18-08 06:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD