Just upgraded to OS 4.5.0.186 and now my Curve is really slow. Anyone else having this problem? It's lagging really bad when doing anything from checking email to playing a game and everything in between. Any suggestions?

Wayne

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 12:42 PM
    It's normal, your phone is downloading a lot of data and resyncing with the servers. You will see a lot of data arrows in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Give it about a half hour to settle down.
    02-15-10 01:15 PM
    If it still lags a lot and freezes or reboots, the memory card often gets corrupted during an OS upgrade. Take the memory card out of the phone. If the lag stops, move your files off the card and format the card (options, media card, menu, format card). Then move your files back in small groups and test. Repeat till all your files are back on the card, or you find a problem file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 05:28 PM
    Since .186 my 8330E seems to have slowed down some but what is really driving me mad is that the phone ALWAYS vibrates to all calls and alerts even though they are all ( I believe) just set to ring. I really don't want to install 5.0 to lose GPS features. 1.75 worked fine.

Any ideas or suggestions. Maybe just reinstall .186??

Thanks
    03-26-10 07:24 PM
    I think GPS works fine for Sprint users on 5.0, it's the Verizon users who have problems.

I'm assuming you've tried battery pulls on .186 to reset everything? .186 and .175 have problems with ringers and notifications going silent, though a battery pull usually resets the problem.
    03-26-10 08:22 PM
    I have done all the "regular" stuff to no avail.

Even Berry buzz won't get the ringers to fire.
    Prior to the "upgrade" I had individual ringers for many friends and family working just fine.

Do I really need to give all my pertinent info to download the 5.0 file or is there another place to obtain it??

I think GPS works fine for Sprint users on 5.0, it's the Verizon users who have problems.

I'm assuming you've tried battery pulls on .186 to reset everything? .186 and .175 have problems with ringers and notifications going silent, though a battery pull usually resets the problem.
    03-26-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD