Hey there

Thanks for your advice / help so far - I'm getting lots more out of my new BBerry now

I do, however, have a few easy questions if you guys dont mind...

-- I've changed the ringtone for voice calls to from the default. However, now when the phone rings, it vibrates a couple of times before eventually playing the tone. Why the delay? Is there a setting I need to change?

-- Can I change the length of vibrations? For example, voice calls get 2 short vibrations, SMS get 1 long one etc...

-- I've done some research but havent had a conclusive answer - is it possible to use wifi and Opera Mini together???. If you go into Advanced Options--> Edit permissions, there is an option to allow Wifi usage, but is that a generic setting?

-- Does the Facebook application use BIS plan data? I think it does and leverages normal email messaging infrastructure to deliver notifications etc.. Not 100% sure tho

-- Within my WIFI settings, the connection is show as a Yellow circle (rather than the Network setting which is Green. Does this mean the connection is badly set up or is it something else. Note that I have got the default browser working over wifi.

Cheers!
    12-17-07 11:09 AM
    to stop the vibrate before the ring, Go into profiles>> scroll down to Advanced>> click on the profile that is active>> scroll to Phone>> Set out of holster to tone, (and/or in holster if desired)>> escape>> save. You can change any other notifications within that same menu (each email addy, sms, text etc). Not sure on WiFi and Facebook Q's.
    12-17-07 01:00 PM
    to stop the vibrate before the ring, Go into profiles>> scroll down to Advanced>> click on the profile that is active>> scroll to Phone>> Set out of holster to tone, (and/or in holster if desired)>> escape>> save. You can change any other notifications within that same menu (each email addy, sms, text etc). Not sure on WiFi and Facebook Q's.
    cheers man

i wasnt quite after that - i'd like tone to play before or at the same time.
    12-17-07 02:42 PM
    No-one else?
    12-18-07 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD