I have both aux input on car and RCA inputs available on home stereo will the hasdphone jack work for connecting to strereo? Or is there issues with its mic capabilities? How do you connect to stereo @ home. I have 16 gb music on it and have placed ipod on shelf.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 10:42 AM
    Does your car have some sort of place where you can plug something into it on the front?

07-04-09 10:45 AM
    can you plug your audio cord into your blackberry and charge it in the car at the same time???
    07-04-09 11:17 AM
    Here's my reason for my post...

On my stereo, it has somewhat of a headphone plug on the front. The stereo came with a cord, with attachments, that allow me to plug one side into the headphone jack on my BB and plug the other end into the stereo. I switch my stereos mode to Aux and select what I want to play from my phone and it plays through the stereo.

Some stereos may have a USB port that you can you plug in via a USB cable and play them that way.

07-04-09 11:31 AM
    I have both aux input on car and RCA inputs available on home stereo will the hasdphone jack work for connecting to strereo? Or is there issues with its mic capabilities? How do you connect to stereo @ home. I have 16 gb music on it and have placed ipod on shelf.

I don't think the mic capabilities would affect it at all, since I think you can use regular headphones to listed to music on your phone.

While I haven't tried this with my BB, I have done it with an iPod using a headphone adapter and it worked just fine.
    07-04-09 02:02 PM
    The answer to your questiins is yes and yes. I use mine all the time in the car and in the house. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack which is pretty much the standard. I have a 3.5mm plug to RCA cable going into the AUX in the radio and I have the car charger working simultaniously charging the phone so I don't have to worry about it dying. Also if I have to use my other truck I have a Moto T505 in that. I just use the bluetooth connection and find a dead local station and play my BB through that!!

07-04-09 02:26 PM
    You can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male aux cable to connect your bb t your car stereo, it will work perfectly. You can even go to 'activate headset' during a call to use your car speakers during your call, its just like speakerphone! I love it. You can also stream audio via bluetooth if your deck spoorts it

07-04-09 04:45 PM
    I have actually purchased a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from ebay and it only cost like 7 or 8 dollars. It works just as the poster above described. When I receive a call, I can hear the caller through my car stereo speakers and respond without holding my phone to my ear.
    07-04-09 04:59 PM
    You can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male aux cable to connect your bb to your car stereo, it will work perfectly. You can even go to 'activate headset' during a call to use your car speakers during your call, its just like speakerphone! I love it.
    Awesome!! I have the male to male cable for my Zune. This is making my decision to go with a BB even easier! I was wondering about this exact same question myself. Glad I've been checking out the forum.
    07-05-09 07:00 AM
    i love the option of playing it on the radio in the car its a nice option...

can you charge it while your playing or will that zap it?? i am scared to try because i heard of a friend doing that and it zapped his blackberry and he had to go exchange it..
    07-05-09 07:59 AM
    Yikes! I hope it doesn't screw anything up to charge at the same time because I ALWAYS do when I'm playng it in car. I plug in the charger, the aux cable and away I go. Someone blew up his berry? I wonder what would cause it to do that while charging?
    07-05-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD