Since I am new, I was told I need to download the OS that matches the version I am using on my phone. I went to the lecture series but I a alittle confused. I downloaded the version 4.5 desktop manager from blackberry. I am having difficulty finding and understanding the difference between OS 4.3 and desktop manager---PLEASE HELP

THANKS
    08-04-08 10:39 AM
    OS - the Operating System that is running on your Blackberry device.

Desktop Manager - the software on your PC that is used to manage the content on your Blackberry device - Syncing, installing and removing applications, media management, and backing up/restoring the device.
    08-04-08 10:42 AM
    The similarity in version numbers can be confusing.

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is at v4.5. The previous version was v4.3. Either of these will work correctly on a Windows Vista computer. Some issues have been noted installing v4.5 on a Windows XP SP2 machine.

The second piece of software you will need is your device operating system. That is currently v4.3, but unauthorized copies of v4.5 have evaded BlackBerrys security.

I am a advocate of installing your base OS first. That will allow you to customize your device to your needs.

When an upgraded OS is released, you can install it on top of your base OS and have the ability to instantly roll back if problems develop.
    08-04-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks for explanation, where can I find the OS? I have the desktop mananger downloaded already.
    08-04-08 11:15 AM
    Get your OS here -

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    08-04-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD