Hio all,disgruntled noob here. Amongst many other things frustrating me at the moment is the internet browser, although this is perfectly normal as has been the case for every phone I've had. I normally install Opera, and downloaded a verion supposedly compatable with my curve. When I try to open it, it starts installing but then I get a message saying it can;t connect to the internt.

Any ideas?

if not, is there another (free) browser I can download that will run on the Blackberry.
    Ta.
    06-11-08 05:40 AM
    try reinstalling it. some people have reported it not completely installing the first time, it took me about three.
    06-11-08 06:14 AM
    You need to go to options > advanced options TCP and enter the APN details for your carrier.

Do a battery pull after entering these then try again.

Who is your carrier? ( I'm on the wap site so I can't see your profile )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 06:14 AM
    I'm with T-Mobile.
    I don't know what an APN is or how I would find out.
    06-11-08 06:27 AM
    Opera is a lot better than the default browser, so don't give up!

If your APN details are not already loaded, I assume you could call your carrier and ask them for it.

Also, do you get that messege every time you try to use the browser, or just when you try to download?
    06-11-08 06:43 AM
    Opera is a lot better than the default browser, so don't give up!

If your APN details are not already loaded, I assume you could call your carrier and ask them for it.

Also, do you get that messege every time you try to use the browser, or just when you try to download?

When actually trying to uinstall the browser.
    06-11-08 07:38 AM
    Apn for tmo is wap.voicestream.com
    Opera mini won't work unless you enter that.

M

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 07:52 AM
    Cheers. The APN is different for me as I'm in the UK, but cheers, found the right one and everything is tickety-boo.
    06-12-08 07:42 AM
    Cheers. The APN is different for me as I'm in the UK, but cheers, found the right one and everything is tickety-boo.
    ah hah! glad you found the right one! i was posting from my Lulu so i couldnt see that you werent from the us....happy browsing!

M
    06-12-08 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD