ok, this seems like a really silly question, but i just got my shiny new BB Curve yesterday, trying to download opera mini OTA but im going round and round on the opera mini website, selecting blackberry, my model and there is no where to physicaly download to the phone, links that just send me round and round?? - im sure im just missing something really stupid - any advice is much appreciated, thanks!!!

Ant
    11-14-07 10:41 AM
    I totally know what you are going through! You can indeed go around in a loop. However, from your Blackberry browser go to www.mini.opera.com

You might get a message stating that your phone model could not be detected > scroll down the same page - then select link "Download high memory version US English"
    mudd06 likes this.
    11-14-07 11:02 AM
    thanks for your reply berryman, however, im going to the site you mentioned but i do not get any messages saying it cannot detect my phone type, nor do i see any links saying download high memory version us english??

Ant
    11-14-07 11:18 AM
    I had the same problem...Do not use the blackberry browser, instead use the t-zones browser.

thanks for your reply berryman, however, im going to the site you mentioned but i do not get any messages saying it cannot detect my phone type, nor do i see any links saying download high memory version us english??

Ant
    11-14-07 11:24 AM
    I had the same problem...Do not use the blackberry browser, instead use the t-zones browser.

- thanks for this, downloading as we speak

- thats what i love about this forum, there is such a wealth of varied knowledge here im a new user to blackberrys and this forum but this site rocks, thanks!!

Ant
    11-14-07 11:41 AM
    There also seems to be three different, correct answers to many questions based on the tweaks and customizations of choice by the different carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-07 12:39 PM
    I'm glad to hear someone got to download Opera cause I have the same problem and I don't have a T-Zone browser. Is there anyway else I can download Opera?
    12-16-07 08:29 PM
    you can download opera mini on you curve via www[dot]operamini[dot]com

make sure your TCP setting is on wap[dot]voicestream[dot]com
    12-17-07 12:25 AM
    This is a really noobish question, but what are the benefits to having opera Mini as opposed to the blackberry browser?
    12-17-07 10:55 AM
    This is a really noobish question, but what are the benefits to having opera Mini as opposed to the blackberry browser?
    I wondered the same thing... but then I went ahead and installed Opera last night. It makes surfing on a small screen *WAY* more enjoyable. The first thing I noticed is the desktop layout is much easier to navigate than it is with the default browser.
    12-17-07 11:58 AM
    I wondered the same thing... but then I went ahead and installed Opera last night. It makes surfing on a small screen *WAY* more enjoyable. The first thing I noticed is the desktop layout is much easier to navigate than it is with the default browser.
    I just installed it as well. It's great for surfing, but difficult to enter text. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    12-17-07 12:13 PM
    You are not doing it wrong, that is my one complaint about Opera Mini...the fact that you have to click the text box, enter the text, and select to enter the text. It is a pain but i do like browsing with it.
    12-17-07 01:18 PM
    you can download opera mini on you curve via www[dot]operamini[dot]com

make sure your TCP setting is on wap[dot]voicestream[dot]com
    mrlemm, just wanted to say "THANKS!!!"

I had downloaded mini opera weeks ago and couldnt get it to install for anything on my curve, so i gave up and not sure why i didnt ask here, but today I saw this and said "what the ****" I went to my tcp setting and after went back to install MO and i'll be d@mned if it didnt install in a matter of seconds and was up and running!

Now to play with it and see if I like it more than the regular net browswer...one thing ive noticed when logging into something like yahoo, you click to type into user name and it takes you to a white screen to type your info then you have to push the menu button and click ok, to go back, to many steps IMO

But again thanks...my opera is up and running!
    12-17-07 04:05 PM
    what do I change for tcp settings or is that just for tmobile?
    12-19-07 09:58 PM
    got to operamini.com
    select help
    select connection
    select settings page
    select your country
    select your provider

Good Luck
    12-20-07 04:41 PM
    www{.}operamini{.}com worked for me!
    04-09-09 04:06 PM
    Im not a big fan of opera mini. You cant tell what your zooming in on cuz it starts off too small to read what your looking for. Thats the deal breaker for me.
    04-09-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD