Hi all, I posted on the opera mini site, but no one has been able to help me, so I am hoping you guys can help.
    I am no longer able to access Bell Sympatico via opera mini. I used to access it but not any more. I get a DNS error.
    I can log into other sites and access my other emails, but not Sympatico.
    Please can someone help me.
    thanks.

P.S. I do not have push email as I only need these email address occasionally.

thanks

Al
    05-22-08 09:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Bell and Telus both operate voice and data networks in Canada.

I am no longer able to access ...
    That implies you were able to use Opera until recently. Has anything changed? For example, have you cancelled your data plan?

I do not have push email ...
    That is part of BlackBerrys BIS package and provides you with full system access.

It is possible to buy a data plan without BIS, but you had better verify your connections.

Start with Browser. Are you able to get a connection with the original Browser? If not, Opera is not going to work either.

If Browser works, then it should be a simple matter to install and configure Opera. They both use exactly the same resources.
    05-22-08 09:59 AM
    Thanks Stoner! I have the $5 /5mb plan and OMini works fine. I was able to access Sympatico up to about 3 weeks ago and then I lost it. I access my work email through Omini and that is still fine!
    I cannot justify the extra expense monthly for BIS at this point. I just wanted the best phone on the market with a great screen to watch movies while on the subway, and the 8310 was it for me!
    It is frustrating. If I could forward my emails to Gmail, then this would be a simple solution.

cheers.
    05-22-08 10:58 AM
    Hey guys. I just bought my first BB and my friend told me about opera mini. I went ahead and downloaded it but everytime i go to install it, towards the end an error comes up and tell me that it cannot connect to the internet. Can anyone help with that?
    05-22-08 11:49 AM
    .... I just wanted the best phone on the market with a great screen to watch movies while on the subway, and the 8310 was it for me!...

cheers.
    I am with you, what a fantastic toy and all the justification you need for packing one.

Browser eats a ton of data, at the very high rates we are being charged, most have to restrict use to near emergeny use only. It is a shame, but our carries call the shots.
    05-22-08 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD